Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That game is actually weirdly ambitious and well-made. Not like it's a hidden classic or anything, but it's a step above mindless shovelware.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Remember when BioShock 1 and 2 had some unique and interesting boxart, then BioShock Infinite's boxart was Dude With A Gun

Didn't they include the cooler boxart on the other side of the cover?

I feel like a lot of good modern boxart is ruined by how ugly the cases are and how everything has to be plastered with all sorts of pointless horseshit, like who cares how good the Bioshock Infinite boxart looks when it's attached to a puke green DVD case with 30 different Xbox 360 logos covering everything. Not like that never happened back then, but I felt there was more variety at least.

E:

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 23, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

True, I guess it was really just on the PC where there was any freedom. Though 360 cases do stand out to me as being particularly ugly.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Excuse me this is the thread for bad box art

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That Mystical Ninja box art owns

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Original_Z posted:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/japanboxes/japanboxes.htm

This article is an interesting look at western game boxes in Japan, it really is like the reverse effect. Artwork becomes more anime-style, and female characters have more focus put on them.

That Perfect Dark cover owns, also Turok would probably have had a longer lasting legacy if it was called VIOLENCEKILLER

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jarogue posted:

The game that Japan never got, but had ads for.

This is not a particularly bad piece of box art, but I love games of that era shamelessly ripping off the Indiana Jones font

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

He's there at the bottom

• Locked thread