Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

The following information taken from the website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVUPJbpwyM

FIND WHAT WAS LOST AND REBUILD WHAT WAS DESTROYED

A thousand years ago, a cataclysmic event shattered a world into floating islands scattered across an endless skyline. Civilizations tumbled, societies collapsed, and all seemed lost.

From the rubble emerged ragtag bands of nomads, who fly cobbled-together skyships from island to island, scavenging for resources to keep moving. These are the players of Worlds Adrift: Explorers of a new world and seekers of ancient knowledge.

Within the coveted ruins of the past, cryptic and forgotten fragments of the technologies developed by civilizations who built much, and over saw the collapse of it all. Harnessing such forgotten knowledge, players build greater and more powerful skyships that carry them further, past the crushing wind walls, through devastating lightning storms, to entirely undiscovered islands holding the mysteries of an earlier age.

Either working alone or with a crew of friends, players will choose their own path, create their own stories, and tell their own tales. To jealously guard knowledge or work together to rebuild society is up to them; these choices will constantly shape the characters they become and the universe they live in — the Worlds Adrift.

What the gently caress is this?

This is a game that is like every other game but it's more cartoony and fun. Or something. I don't really know. The website doesn't really say poo poo about what the game is SUPPOSE to be but that it's going to be THE BEST GAME EVER and WAYYYY BETTER than those OTHER survival/crafting games like DayZ and ARK. Like. SO MUCH BETTER. The goal is to find people you can tolerate and make other people's lives miserable by blowing up their flying bathtubs and stealing their soap.

There has been no discussion about gameplay or how things work. There are some pretty cool videos. I'm kinda getting a Star Citizen vibe but the videos released by Bossa Studios actually show people running around in a world that isn't a loving piece of poo poo and actually blowing things up. Also. This game ACTUALLY has WHALES. So obviously this game is going to loving ROCK. Also you can do everything and anything. So yeah Star Citizen but on ONE world. Worlds will be coming in two weeks. :mmmsmug:

I got questions about poo poo

Cool. Then you should probably read this.

Discord Server for Worlds Adrift

Be advised that this is a General chat for everyone that is interested in WA and is NOT catered toward goons, just a general place for fans/players of Bossa/WA.
https://discord.gg/0qJDwWAQovKRp3Pv

How much is the game/How can I play?

No price set yet but it will be released on Steam. People are hoping it won't be more than $30. Bossa has said it will be Buy to Play. You can't play the game right now but Bossa has released info that some sort of stress test will be coming SOON(two weeks) and to SIGN UP NOW TO BE CONSIDERED!

Will there be carebears to make cry?

OH. GOD. YES.

Is there a group getting together?

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/super-dimension-fortress-gooncross/ - Super Dimension Fortress Gooncross. SDFG. I made this but I don't want to be guild leader after launch.
The Discord for SDFG is here, all herp derp goons welcomed here - https://discord.gg/9trqcCH

What is the goal of SDFG?

Honestly at this time during alpha/beta, just play and have fun. Find bugs, report bugs, play with goons, play without goons, whatever. We can figure out how we feel about the game as it gets closer to launch and determine how we want to approach the game. Basically, free reign as you explore the game. (If you're one of the lucky few to have been invited thus far!) I don't feel like this game is going to be everyone's cup of tea. As we get a feel for how big the Alliance will be we'll do democracy and figure things out near launch. Even our Alliance NAME at this time is temporary, we could be called Flying Bathtubs if that's what you guys want.

If you know FOR A FACT that you want to go pillage, murder everything/one post WA launch then I think Tempus Thales GoonWaffe Alliance will be more your style. I know that I won't be taking SDFG to that extreme but I do know that we will do whatever it takes to "own" whatever stupid island/islands we claim as ours. Or whatever. There is not hard facts yet if it even really matters to "own" anything. This isn't EVE and it's certainly more open-ended than any MMO I've played so far so it could truely be up to players to create drama, if that's the case, we will be very, very, very good at it. Because we are goons and the brown sea gets so salty about everything.

What is the fee to join SDFG?

10 Whale Coins as negotiated by TheSaltyDragon. Thanks to Jackard for the snazzy new emblem and lore direction I'll be taking the Alliance in.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Playtest #3 for the USA incoming. Sadly they will be selecting from a closed pool of testers from the forums.
https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/playtest-3-is-coming-soon/#post-16593

Supposedly the NEXT USA playtest will be an open test but we'll see.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

They are going to add my name to an item in the game.

https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/alliances-contest-winners-announced/#post-21249

Awesomesauce.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Wonder if we'll be able to turn one of those sky whales into a massive sky fortress to blow up pubbie islands?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

This looks really goddamn cool. Here's hoping we can put together whatever this game's equivalent of a space hulk is and just ram it into people and board them with our huge goon crew.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

That's the idea!!!

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Update on how Ship Building works and other cool stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtiHNnIDhio

43 minutes of Game Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU2_cs5Eaww

Link to more articles by gaming magazines playing/praising World's Adrift. (Suck on this Star Citizen!)
https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/worlds-adrift-press-tour-august-2016/

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Been looking forward to this game for a while.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Hour and a Half of gameplay and talking about how the game works.

Blows my freaking mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1S4tTh1XY

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
That ship building rules

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ScorpioMajesty posted:

That ship building rules

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

New Signups for the alpha!

Hello There!

We have some VERY exciting news. We are now recruiting for the latest playtest for Worlds Adrift!

All you need to do to apply is click on that big green button down there. You'll need to complete a little questionnaire about your computer setup and that's it.

The deadline for signing up is 29th August.

If you are accepted for the playtest you will hear from us on the 30th August. We look forward to seeing you in the skies!

Please note, if you’ve applied before for a previous playtest, we already have your application so there’s no need to re-apply!

The Worlds Adrift Team
x o x o

Register and sign up!

https://www.worldsadrift.com/regist...t%20Alpha%204.1

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Signed up! Hope to see you in the skys!

In as Etreri.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Invites went out. I got in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SabinBlitz posted:

Invites went out. I got in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone make an alliance, tia.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I didn't get in, but I did apply to Goon Squad, my account name is Hypnofist.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

You guys know that there already is and has been an long going thread in the MMO HMO for this game? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768141

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Ahh balls, I didn't get in either. :smith: Shame, I loved messing around with the island creator.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You guys know that there already is and has been an long going thread in the MMO HMO for this game? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768141

You do know that mine was first right?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fight fight fight fight.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I didn't get in... Such is life!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi, im posting in here because this game looks like it will be fun

i will wait for the next round of alpha invites or w/e bc im too busy playing my own games and things

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Sounds like a good plan

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Pre-release factions

https://w-a.github.io/ac

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

I don't quite understand what this means.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just tracks how aggressive some of the guilds are.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I hate that goons keep pinging me about this game and now I want to play it

how do I play it, I want to shoot other mans with my goon mans

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you cant. a playtest is happening soon, but you missed the cutoff to sign up. apparently there will be playtests happening more often tho.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

you cant. a playtest is happening soon, but you missed the cutoff to sign up. apparently there will be playtests happening more often tho.

friend eonwe thank you for knowing the things.

I applied to the guild with the Robotech name. This is a good name.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Their forums posted:

To the Alliances of Worlds Adrift,

Persecution, like everything else, begins as a small seed. It grows while our backs are turned, taking root in the structure we once considered dependable. It crushes the aspirations of dreamers, drives betrayal into the hearts of our allies, and victimizes those who wish to make the skies a better place. Yet by the time we have seen its wicked ways, it is already too late. The Free Skies Coalition intends to stop that seed from growing.

Who we are:
The FSC is an organization of Alliances working together to promote freedom in the skies of Worlds Adrift. There are threats that no single Alliance can face alone, but collectively we become a reputable power. It is only when we combine our numbers that we are stronger, and we build up that strength for the sake of every player. Our fight is against oppression, a force that disregards the rights of the people. Currently, these alliances sit within our assembly:

Sky Drifters
Orchestra
Aviator Innovators
The Harbormen
Trimortum
Penumbran
The Glorious Rebellion

Structure:
Each Alliance involved in the FSC has representatives: the leader/chief representative and selected officers of the Alliance, and/or respectable members of their group to observe, vote and comment on the operations of our Discord server. The number of these representatives is based on the membership of the Alliance.

All members of the FSC Assembly have a say in the course of action the Coalition decides to partake and have the ability to build cases for which direction we should head. Final decisions are made through our distinct voting system. For more information, you can read our constitution.

Goals:
• To create an assembly of Alliances that work effectively to assist one another.
• To help players in need of protection from larger forces.
• To keep the skies safe from threats that would cause harm to every player.

How to Join:
Simply send me a message on Discord (Xerzie#5693). Please include your name on the forums and your alliance within that message. You will be asked a series of questions, of which your answers will be reviewed by the High Assembly of the Coalition for review. You will be notified within a couple days whether you have been accepted.

Joining the FSC is something you may do at your own wish and refusing will not make you an enemy of ours. You will not have to sacrifice the values you have built your Alliance upon, rather we encourage you to bring them to the table. Diversity should be celebrated, and is beneficial to all parties. The FSC, if successful, will become a large part of the history of Worlds Adrift. With that in mind, we hope that you consider joining us in an adventure of a lifetime.

Sincerely,

Dayox and Xerzie
Chief of the Sky Drifters and Executor of Orchestra

:eyepop:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I really want to find out just how easy it is to actually meet up with some of these player police alliances, and relatedly, just how effective a swarm of small, cheaply made ships can be in tearing apart big sky behemoths.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Orv posted:

I really want to find out just how easy it is to actually meet up with some of these player police alliances, and relatedly, just how effective a swarm of small, cheaply made ships can be in tearing apart big sky behemoths.

Guerilla tactics on floating islands jumpin down onto their own ships and kicking them off it and crashing their huge behemoth into other behemoths setting off a chain reaction and total fleet rout as you fly back onto that tiny island mountain hole

no ship losses on your part :smugbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Please tell me there is actually just a kick button.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
No idea about kick, but one of the videos in the OP has a bit about how early players would drop heavy poo poo on other ships to make them fall out of the sky by making them too heavy.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Applied. Want to fly like in Archeage.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Holy poo poo. Reminds me of the loving nerds from Star Citizen making PACT (https://www.pact-sc.org/articles.php?article_id=39) and talking about how they were going to stop GOONS from ruining Star Citizen. (Never fear. CIG is ruining star citizen all on their own.)

But yeah. These loving super carebears holy poo poo.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

SabinBlitz posted:

But yeah. These loving super carebears holy poo poo.

There is some sort of huge group of masochist autists that seek out the next open PvP game, join it, and then whine non stop that they can be ganked.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rad Russian posted:

Applied. Want to fly like in Archeage.

Reminder that in Archeage instead of being crazy pirates a lot of goons favored sitting around fishing all day and got mad when people upset the status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Internet Kraken posted:

Reminder that in Archeage instead of being crazy pirates a lot of goons favored sitting around fishing all day and got mad when people upset the status quo.

Yeah I quit when people were getting upset at goons not following some BS carebear fishing pact alliances. Thankfully I wasn't around for that. Ban all those people.

• Locked thread