Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
*Excessive Hand Waving*

I can promise... UHHHH.... FIDELTIOUS SHIP BUILDING and uhhhhhh..... FLYING... with AirShips! No procedural fishing ALLOWED but I'm hoping for BIRDS in the future and possible bronco WHALE riding competitions!

But no seriously guys. And maybe I'll update the OP with like. The GOAL of the SDFG.... Is to have fun. However we see fit. If we want to make a big loving bathtub and go crash it into other bathtubs, let's do it. If we want to sit around and mine poo poo for an hour, sure go for it. Just don't be dicks to each other and just have fun. If you're dicks to other people, well that's life and oh no they ruined our video game AirShip... We'll have to build a new one boohooooooo.... =/

gently caress we don't even know if this game will be any fun. I'm gonna be under NDA but I won't lead you guys astray on what I think about the game come launch.

Also is anybody good with the emblem creator? I farted around in 10min and made the current logo but it's pretty loving bad. Hit me up with submissions and we can vote or something.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
gently caress fishing, build a flying bathtub and crash into a space whale

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 1, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

drat nice work son. I like it.

this is what I did in about an hour of my time. Maybe if I decide to gently caress with it more I can make it better over time.

I want it to look like this eventually

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 1, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jackard posted:

Our mission statement.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jackard posted:

lol

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

You other donks are welcome to make something. The whale looks good. Maybe we'll change the guild name to Flying Bathtubs.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jackard posted:

its beautiful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who all is in the upcoming playtest aside from me

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Myself. But I may need to hand the reins of guild leader to someone else. Note 7 recalls have literally hosed my job for the next week and I may not be able to play. I heard they are going to test grouping functions and I don't want to limit you guys from testing it because of me.

pmac
Jun 12, 2007
I'll be in on the playtest too.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Somehow I got more than one Steam code, but I don't actually know if they'd help anyone without also having a registered account.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Didn't get one, maybe next time. I dunno how to exit my current alliance anyways

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 2, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Go to my alliance at the top. Find your name in the member list. Leave alliance.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone who really is interested in like, idk, doing a thing and is in alpha should mention they want to be guild leader

because i dont want to

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

SabinBlitz posted:

Go to my alliance at the top. Find your name in the member list. Leave alliance.
No, as in I started my own alliance, and now I don't know how to leave OR save it for later. There is no disband option. Maybe I can make a dummy account and pass it ownership...

E: That did the trick. Applied to gooncross.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 3, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

All you derps have been accepted

Orv
May 4, 2011
I applied to your stupid anime name guild.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Orv posted:

I applied to your stupid anime name guild.

That's just what I came up with in 2 minutes of thinking really hard about a guild name.

By all means. Flying Bathtub sounds just as good to me.

We can like. Do democracy or something. I dunno. How much do we really want to care about a name?

Orv
May 4, 2011
0%

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
orv is just tsundere

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

SDFG Discord Created for you idiots that want to talk while you game or something during the playtest.
https://discord.gg/9trqcCH

Anybody with the link can get in so it's not like EXCLUSIVE or anything just don't invite retards or whatever. Anybody is welcome to come hang out as long as they understand that they will be called an idiot the entire time they are on there I'm sure. So I guess that makes us all retards. gently caress.

Edit: I also spent a tad more time on the Alliance Emblem but we can still talk about the name or the emblem or whatever. Again, I don't really care but if you guys don't like the Anime name we can change it.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 3, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

What is the goal of SDFG?

Honestly at this time during alpha/beta, just play and have fun. Find bugs, report bugs, play with goons, play without goons, whatever. We can figure out how we feel about the game as it gets closer to launch and determine how we want to approach the game. Basically, free reign as you explore the game. (If you're one of the lucky few to have been invited thus far!) I don't feel like this game is going to be everyone's cup of tea. As we get a feel for how big the Alliance will be we'll do democracy and figure things out near launch. Even our Alliance NAME at this time is temporary, we could be called Flying Bathtubs if that's what you guys want.

If you know FOR A FACT that you want to go pillage, murder everything/one post WA launch then I think Tempus Thales GoonWaffe Alliance will be more your style. I know that I won't be taking SDFG to that extreme but I do know that we will do whatever it takes to "own" whatever stupid island/islands we claim as ours. Or whatever. There is not hard facts yet if it even really matters to "own" anything. This isn't EVE and it's certainly more open-ended than any MMO I've played so far so it could truely be up to players to create drama, if that's the case, we will be very, very, very good at it. Because we are goons and the brown sea gets so salty about everything.

Updated to OP.

Edit: The only people that WILL be KOS are any Shitizens from Star Citizen. I will show them no mercy.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 4, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

This is seriously amazing and I think it would be fun to draft up some kind of lore that fits within World's Adrift just like Elite Dangerous has it's Diamond Frogs, etc.

We are gently caress Whales! or Whale Fuckers!..... Kill Mobys?

Long Plunging Shafters!

I dunno. Let's discuss please.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 5, 2016

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
For Christ's sake, it's a group of mmo players.

It'd be the Slam Whales.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

For Christ's sake, it's a group of mmo players.

It'd be the Slam Whales.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
that owns

Slam Whales sounds like a basketball team, I like it

It's Called The Survival Of The Fittest, If You Can't Slam with the Best then Jam with the rest - Charles Barkley, 2053 AD

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

that owns

Slam Whales sounds like a basketball team, I like it

It's Called The Survival Of The Fittest, If You Can't Slam with the Best then Jam with the rest - Charles Barkley, 2053 AD

:perfect:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if someone wants to buy this game for me, ill play it

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Game isn't out yet but it's not going to be very expensive from what people are throwing around out of their dreams. People seem to think $30 but it's all bullshit until Bossa actually says what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Hey guys I'm not updating this thread anymore. Please migrate over to the HMO MMO hut thread linked here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768141

More people are posting over there so it'll be better and stuff. Alexander you can take my OP stuff and make it your OP or wahtever.

• Locked thread