Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

If you're at a hotel without a reservation and the hotel clerk asks you the name on your reservation, if you mumble your answer incoherently each time, the hotel clerk HAS to give you a free room or access to a stranger's room.

It's The Law.

Go on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

I have a firstname.lastname@gmail.com account, but my name isn't very common so I've only had a few emails thanking my for getting my car serviced in Colorado or signing up for an account for a store in Nova Scotia. But, for a while, I was getting emails for someone whose email was firstname.lastname@ymail.com, which people obviously misread or made a typo when sending. The person who shared my name in this instance seemed to be some sort of admin for a lawyer's office, so for a while I kept getting what appeared to be very sensitive legal documents (didn't open them, since the text of the emails made it clear that they were related to legal cases). I always replied back to those informing the lawyer that sent it to me that they sent it to the wrong email, and eventually they stopped. You'd hope that people would be more careful when sending sensitive things like that.

The regular mistaken emails I send to spam/unsubscribe, but if they made an account with my email, I will go in and reset the password/delete the account. Someone once signed me up for a Michael's (USA) account, while I already have a Michael's (Canada) account. I guess they are quasi-separate systems since it set up both, but it gave me issues when I tried to log in to my (Canada) account since it couldn't figure out which system I was supposed to be in. I had to contact customer service for that one since it confused the system.