Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That should depend on the cancer, I think. Some of them have very high cure rates if you catch them early enough. I used to work with a dude who was pushing 100 that had cancer three times. Pretty good health otherwise. Interestingly he only worked because he wanted to rather than from that he couldn't afford not to.

Anyway, my thought is similar, though. If it's one of those "you have a 50% chance to live and even if you do you'll have like 2 years, tops, and they'll suck" types of cancer then OK, I'm out. Had a good run. See you on the flip side, folks. Big pharma (a whole scam topic in and of itself) has come under fire for marketing cancer drugs for certain kinds of terminal cancers that cost tens of thousands but maybe give you an extra year of life.

A year would be a gift and a lucky break. Think more like 3-6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU