Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I've been getting the outstanding warrant for my arrest call 6 times a day for about a week now. I used to only get it once every half year. It's super annoying because it fills up my voicemail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I've (fingers crossed) managed to stop the avalanche of daily calls and texts from debt collectors who think I'm someone named Nayla. Still get Chinese scam calls though despite having a local number.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
The debt collectors who have mistaken me for a woman named Nadia are blowing up my phone again. The last agent I spoke to said the reason they think I am Nadia is that she called using my number to their office several times last week. I've had my number for 10 years, not sure what's going on.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Most use the same ranges over and over, and are generally logged in robo blocklists these days. My app turned itself off so I've had a few sneak through, but now it's back on again I won't get any. Unless you're expecting a call from a new number, screen them anyway and let voicemail do it's job.

What app do you use

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Volmarias posted:

Nadia spoofed your number just like they spoof theirs.

Yeah that's what I tried to tell them but they kept saying they knew I was Nadia and that I was lying lol. How does a layperson spoof a number?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This and many places online suggest that you may have to file a complaint with the FTC and or your state attorney general.

Right on, I'm Canadian but thanks.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Guest2553 posted:

America is a scam :rip:

I just moved here and I was explaining to a very insulated friend back home how health insurance works here: you spend minimum $300 a month and have an $8000 deductible to sometimes only get 80% of the hospitalization covered. Then after you still have to fight your insurance company over piddly details.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I was once a woman named Nadia Frances who was in a lot of debt, and before that a man named Sunni who was on parole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I do NOT give facebook authorization to use my photos for promotional purposes.