Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Professor Shark posted:

Could be!

I finished the episode, the anger at the goverment from the guy and his lawyer (who also ended up going to jail) is pathetic and their claims that the goverment are the REAL criminals is hilarious. They never show any self reflection on how their choices led to their situations, just anger that they weren’t allowed to get away with their crimes.

Tucker’s brother killed himself instead of standing trial and going to jail, he and an employee blame the government for his death, of course.

I recently read a article on this. The article basically said some fake debt collector threatened to rape this guy's wife over fake debt. So guy got smart on fake debt and basically went on the legal war path with a focus on getting debt collectors to roll on each other. He collected a bunch of evidence and sent it into the fed with this being the end result.

Tucker's MO was that he would get a bunch of loans and sell them to debt collectors. Some would be real debt, but a lot would be the same loan sold to different collectors or a completely made up loan fabricated from hashed together legitimate information (one person's name and SSN, one's contact info, another persons loan amount, and a random loan company all mashed together for a new loan. The end collectors would try and collect on some, but when a fake loan was found out, they would just sell it to an even shitter collector. Kind of like a reverse pyramid scheme where poo poo flows down instead of up.

The article also said a common practice, and scam, by debt collectors would be to get someone to make a small onetime payment on fake debt to get the collector to go away. Then the collector would use that payment as proof the debt is authentic, apply it to the person's credit score, and then say they have to pay more to get it removed.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I spent the weekend in New Orleans so had all the usual scams attempted. I should’ve made up bingo cards.

Oh, do tell. I'll be there for Mardi Gras.

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU