Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

If high school computer classes today are similar to what I got, they'd be five years behind on the scams anyway.

We were loving around with 5" floppies in the late nineties for gently caress's sake. The teacher thought a "hard drive" was a 3 1/4" floppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

If you're white, cops are also locksmiths. My mom locked her keys in her car and waved down a passing cop. He pulled out his slim jim and wedges and opened her car for her.

Your mom got slim jimmed by a random cop?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

I'm thinking about trying to scam them and whenever a good item comes in, i'm just going to keep it and tell them it didn't come.

The cops'll come though.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, vehicular or otherwise.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Drug users getting paranoid and seeing things?

Nah, can't be.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It’s just about getting engagement stats for the page up, then they sell the page.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

To jack off in or on.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Mouse Dresser posted:

Similar to the “we buy houses” thing, I’ve always been curious about the signs that say “We buy diabetic testing supplies!”

What’s the game there? Why do they want diabetic testing supplies?

People get them from Medicaid in too large a quantity, so it’s free money to the seller.

After that... I’m assuming it’s similar to that baby formula smuggling thing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It’s 2019, how do you not have tap-and-go and chip and pin credit card payment loving everywhere?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

tinytort posted:

Last I checked, they don't even have payment terminals that can be brought to the table at restaurants. You expect them to have tap-and-go or chip and pin when they don't even have the ability to keep their credit cards in sight when paying at a restaurant?

Blue Moonlight posted:

That’s to maintain the sanity of the staff. How many times could you endure an old person looking you in the eye as they stiff you on the tip that is somehow the way you make minimum wage?

Better to take the card, run it, bring back the receipt, and go back to the kitchen to scream into a dish towel as they write “go to college” in the tip line.

I think the last time I had to do that outside the states was in loving Zambia.

I loving hate places where I have to walk to the POS to type my PIN, never mind not even having a terminal.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Tias posted:

Like most northern europeans, I'm being swamped with retarded rear end crank callers from India and Africa. Any idea how to stop it?

It's 2019, why are you till answering the phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Vavrek posted:

You should learn about The Producers' scheme by watching The Producers.

I either learned of it that way or by someone trying to explain Uwe Boll's career.

But my point is that The Producers is great and people should watch it.

The movie has a musical number titled “Springtime for Hitler”, just fyi.