Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

MANime in the sheets posted:

I bought like 15 copies of Shower With Your Dad Simulator.

Dude has 14 like-minded friends who share his passions and desires. No need to kink-shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Might be a long shot, and it might be too much bother, but:

Call the FBI. That transaction probably crossed a state line. If nothing else, you can commiserate with the person answering their phones.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I worked for a roofing company for a few years. If you're interested, I can give you the low-down.

Short answer: it depends. What I would do is ask them if they're GAF Master Elite certified, an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, or both. If they can prove that they are (they'll have some kind of registration number you can look up online), you're good.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Ponzi V-bucks, I think.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
From Page 3:

quote:

February 15, 2011: Mr. Meads filed a one page notarized document, printed in black and red ink, and marked with what may be a red thumb print.

It also bears postage stamps in three corners on front and back, and includes various declarations including that "dennis-larry:meads is a living flesh and blood sentient-man"

quote:

March 3, 2011: Mr. Meads filed a second one page notarized document, in black, red, orange, and blue ink. Again, it has unusual formalities such as a red thumb print.

quote:

"Affidavit in Support of Order to Show Cause" filed by "Dennis Larry on behalf of DENNIS LARRY MEADS (juristic person)"

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

All the reviews are stellar and a few I see now mention they like to coordinate with the insurance agent about conditions of the roof.

They're generally asking because they want to both try to make sure your claim is approved, and because they want to make sure the insurance company pays out for anything that's damaged. I worked in roofing, and we would do the same thing. The insurance company has a vested interest in either denying or minimizing the money you receive, while the contractor wants to maximize the payout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Good to know, should I tell insurance the company will be there same day? Would that be considered rude if I let them get surprised?

You can give them a heads up if you want. It's in the contractor's best interest to be nice to the insurance adjuster, so it shouldn't be a big deal either way. If either one of them has been in the business for a decent amount of time, there's a good chance they know each other anyway.