Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Once paid with a 20€ bill at a Chinese snack bar for <5€ and got back around 5€, allegedly because I only gave him a tenner.

There was a single guy ringing my father's door bell, claiming to be from the Telecom asking for the "Password" to make our internet more secure or something. I was very confused and said I didn't know it. He said they'd send me the necessary documents and left. Next day there was a young girl doing the same thing. I said the password was "police_is_notified" and she left. They were probably spotting my old man who is in his seventies now. I thought about having a cheap camera laying around for these occasions and take a nice picture of these people whenever they show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Had a guy ring our doorbell but didn't go up the stairs. When I went down to check, he said he wanted to go elsewhere but they didn't answer but now that I am here, he had a question. He was with [ISP] and they changed to glas fiber. Have we noticed an increase in speed? Would it be nice to have some faster internet? I am an idiot for answering these questions as I already sensed something was up but I played along. When we reached my apartment he asked what kind of router I had and if it was fast enough. I answered that too. He probably didn't like me knowing the exact model, hesitated but still asked to take a look at it (LET ME INTO YOUR HOME!). At that point I finally came to my senses and said we were happy with our ISP and everything is fine. At that point he left. Man, these things leave a bad taste. These guys are so pushy and talk so quickly that it's really difficult to disrupt their spiel (and usually you don't want to be rude). Next time I'll be prepared, I hope.