Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The magazine scam

When I was a teenager, I worked at a telemarketer place for a few months before I realized we were scamming people, then the money was so good I flat out didn't care.

The scam:
We'd get leads from companies who sold people's information to us who subscribe to 5 or more magazines.
We would call pretending to be the people sending them their magazines, and already having their information, sign them up for an additional subscription at a ridiculously inflated rate. I feel bad about it sometimes now, but making 1200 a week as a 19 year old in 2001, I understand why I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU