Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Lutha Mahtin posted:

is it a fake 20?

Pay attention. The scammer asks you to give him 2 tens for a twenty. Not a twenty for 2 tens. He asks for 2 tens for a twenty – with some reason that is marginally plausible when you are busy and not thinking much. When you give him the 2 tens, he then says you made a mistake and gave him a ten and a one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My dad has Lifelock, guess he is getting scammed, not that I didn't already know that.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I thought they might be ordering stuff with stolen credit cards, then you take the fall, just like the other theory of them sending drugs to you to re-mail. Your idea is good too.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I got a text from some weird number to call my bail bondsman a couple of weeks ago, I don't know who the target market for this one is. I also got a text a couple days ago about a court date for some dude, maybe a criminal used to have my number, idk.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My dad has Lifelock, I told him he is dumb but he has NEVER had his identity stolen, so it works. I swear I made this same post in this or another thread like a year ago.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't have Lifelock and have NEVER had my identity stolen, maybe it doesn't work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I was at the grocery store yesterday putting my groceries in my car when a guy came up to me. He asked me what size my shoes were, I told him and he asked me if I wanted to sell them for like $20 because he knew somebody that could use them. I said no obviously. They were dress shoes not Jordan's or anything like that. Is this a scam or just a crazy guy? Even if I wanted to sell them, how does he expect me to get home with no shoes?