Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Tubgoat posted:

Microsoft tech support stopped calling me once I got them into describing the process to install their ransomware and began playing a peppy Bollywood tune at them. Months of hanging up did nothing and they'd call once every two days, but it just stopped altogether after that.

They stopped after I gave the phone to a friend of mine and he strung them along for some 5-10 minutes playing dumb.

When they figure it out, I could hear the gently caress YOUs without the phone being on speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

When they spoof your own number, they really should lean into why everyone who answers does so - the hope that it’s a call from themselves from the future.

Steve, it’s you from 2023. Everything is going great man, but I tell you one thing - you really need to buy these dick pills.

Wouldn't Steve know already that he need dick pills? And future self would reassure Steve that buying THOSE dick pills was the right decision?
You are not made out to be a telemarketer, sorry.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Can't you ask them for proof that you wanted the card?
Where is the burden of proof in the US? I am not a lawyer at all, but I would assume (a dangerous thing) that they would be required to have a signed document or a record of you asking/accepting it.

Please tell us the results if you decide to do something, if you are allowed.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

SEKCobra posted:

These questions were still part of ESTA in 2019.

Was still there summer 2022.
Along with a question asking if you suffer from mental illness, with a big warning if you click yes asking you to reconsider clicking yes.

https://www.esta-for-usa.com/english/clarifications-for-some-eligibility-questions.html

Because mental disorders are famous for being treated and never reappear later in life.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Can a pdf do anything bad if you click it in Gmail for example? I would think that is sand boxed enough.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

peanut posted:

I texted somebody that her phone bill was going to my email address and got a very sassy "No you should change YOUR address because I'm not going to accommodate you".

Change their phone number. They sent the bill to you, it's clearly yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Both stores and customers would be annoyed by that, and can't have that. What do you do if all the gift cards in the store has been burned? Cheaper to deal with the stolen cards then missing out on sales and the frustration I bet.