Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Weird cold call text scam:

quote:

Hey, it's Brandon looking to buy land in Summerfield. Do you own any land that you are interested in selling?

Where does this go? Does it assume that I’m a greedy dope who is going to pretend to be selling land I obviously don’t have, and eventually I get tricked into sending money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

I got a weird Indian accented voice trying to get me to repeat a phrase back to him. It was like "Imhran Khan is back". I hung up pretty quick like. Local number but they're easy enough to spoof.

Imran Khan is the recently-deposed prime minister of Pakistan, currently struggling with the Army and legal system. Riots, chaos, etc. I guess the the caller was trying to rally support? Or targeting Khan supporters as part of the scam?