Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChocNitty
Aug 3, 2011

A lot of city kids are going to the suburbs to scam people with these coupon cards that supposedly give big discounts on local businesses, like unlimited two for ones. Asking $20 for these plastic cards, claiming its a school fundraiser. I overheard one reasonable person asking to see the kids student ID, and of course he gave a BS excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocNitty
Aug 3, 2011

One time I was so stupid, I fell for a magazine subscription scam.

An attractive young girl was standing in front of the supermarket. She approached me and asked me if I was nice. I said yes. Then she gave me her pitch on magazine subs, and took out a booklet, with other orders she had. So I decided to get one for $20 (this was a long time ago). I told her I had to go to the ATM. And she asked me if she could come with me. She thought I was gonna blow her off. I said okay like a fool, and gave her the $20 from the ATM.

Magazines never came.