Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Somehow the URL tags got stripped from your link. Here’s a clickable link:

https://www.cracked.com/pictofacts-1599-heres-how-stores-trick-you-into-spending-money/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guest2553 posted:

So like :females: but for :almonds:
:goonsay:

How the gently caress did you get there?

No. More like a sleeper agent or Manchurian Candidate. But an almond.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kecske posted:

so today I came home from work to find a courier had left a package. My address & phone number were correct on the shipping label and the family name is right too but the first name is one I dont recognize. I've read about brushing scams but the package is pretty poorly assembled and looks like an eBay sale and clearly contains a D-lock for a bicycle, instead of anything high value. The courier isnt interested since the address is correct, I hope it's just a case of a mislabeled package but the first name on the label has me thinking twice that its a test purchase, but then it seems like a hell of a weird one if so.

e: maybe it's a hollow shell full of tasty meth?

I imagine that's a test package to see if they can retrieve it from your porch before anyone from the house does. If they can, you just became a drop point for... stuff. If not, then they're out whatever tens of dollars they spent and they move on to another address.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What's up with the "property review" texts I've gotten (2 in the last 2 months)? Mortgage scam/scummy advertising?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There's a mall nearby that was fairly successful, but had been declining over the years. They've pretty much lost all their anchor stores. They ended up walling off half the mall and they've been transitioning more to an activity center than traditional store fronts.

They have places where you can learn arts and crafts, music lessons, some indoor youth sports stuff, a BJJ school, etc... It'll be interesting to see how that all works out, if it at all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Odds on if you ever see something about a scam that makes it obviously look off then it's to weed out the people who aren't going to fall for the scam. It's a test to see if you're going to be wasting their time. You only want the most credulous of people so you do everything you can to make sure no one else takes up the people you have working the scam.

I was also thinking they have different sets of emails they send out and each one has a unique dollar amount assigned to them. That would make it easier to see which email got more traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Some plans (usually those without co-pays) do reimbursement rather than they pay the doctor then the doctor bills you the diff. I think it's a vanishing number of plans since most have moved to an HMO or PPO model, but they still exist.