Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Omnikin posted:

Many moons ago working late night security in a big urban office building, I was standing out back with a janitor having a smoke. This random dude holding a full black garbage bag walks by, eyes us up, and says "Ten bucks and the bag's yours, no questions asked guys."

The janitor and I both turned it down and he just walked on into the night without even slowing down. I still wonder what was in that bag

Hahaha.

Not really a con, but I made the mistake of lazily holding my phone while resting my eyes on the MARTA train.

While the train was stopped, a guy snatched the phone and bolted just before the train doors slammed shut.

Merry Christmas Eve, indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Oh yeah, a lot of people like to scam the self-checkout by ringing cans of soup weighing 16oz while dropping a steak of similar weight into the bag.

Maybe combine that with the scam where you buy one, steal one, keeping the receipt to return the one you paid for.

It's really low-rent, junky poo poo, but it's a quick way to make dope $

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

bitcoin bastard posted:

If they're already parked at the gas pump they probably do just want gas.

Often very untrue. I had a junky buddy who made a couple hundred bucks a week this way. Eventually, he'd have to switch parts of town, but our city was big enough.

cheerfullydrab posted:

If they're coming up to you with a gas can, they probably don't.

The only time I've ever panhandled was when I really needed gas, and Is walked up to the station with my emergency can.

I asked one man, and he seemed happy to help, but he made sure to prepay inside with a card.

---------

As always YMMV

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

It's all fun and games til you start getting hate mail from people she spams...
then it's purestrain gold

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Many Americans who aren't Christian but have been thoroughly indoctrinated in the culture and beliefs of Christianity hold the cynical belief that Christians are simple prey for scammers.

What is it about legends like Credo Dollar, Marjoe Gortner and Benny Hinn that allow them to reap such economic benefit from psychopathy?