Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

My old boss tried to recruit me for Amway. Really confused because he's a software dev manager, I know he makes drat good money, but he's out running this scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

lol not yet, but in a few years he will be! I'm second guessing everything he said about it now, like was it all part of some weird script or is he actually that deep in? Supposedly he's a few years from the quit his day job level, but maybe he's just telling himself that, or technically he is but it's more fire than amway. Weird to go from friendly professional relationship to seriously doubting everything about them.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

So I'm an idiot and didn't look too closely at a deal a friend posted till too late. Bought some magic cards from porklardca, which looking into it will just mail me some trash and then say they can give me a partial refund. I messaged them to cancel the order, though lol there are 3 different emails to "contact" them.

Froze that credit card, anything else I should do?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Yeah, if they don't reply to me in a day I'll start a dispute.