Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Heaven forfend people finding out what kinda car I drive and how much I drive it! It's certainly not like there is an interwoven cabal of alphabet soup hoovering up every number, letter and symbol associated with the identity of each and every person on this planet at all times that answers to a different cabal composed of child rapists and genocide enthusiasts who use this information to blackmail people into destroying the planet to serve them at literally all costs.

Don't have families, people, families are a liability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

There is no scam but Capitalism, and Amerikkka is its prophet, death be upon both.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Who's ready to be angry!?

Nichael posted:

Want to see what the American healthcare system spends its ludicrous profits on, instead of, you know, caring for poor people?

My mom's medical office got this box in the mail. It contains an LCD screen that plays a video about Christiana (just like Jeb! did in the 2016 primary), as well as fliers, and loving trading cards for the doctors at their hospital.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZQ83RCCh0

Like, yes, throw it on the pile, but wow!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Volmarias posted:

Maybe it's like the playing cards that get distributed to armies to help them recognize opposition leaders? These doctors are your enemies, recognize them and capture if possible, kill if not.

Lol, no, supposedly it's to humanise doctors to patients to get them to take medical advice more seriously.

That said, we need cards as the ones you describe to recognise more billionaires and politicians; so many eldritch horrors with kill counts in the millions wander around anonymously, disguised as humans because no one knows who the gently caress they are.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Volmarias posted:

This is the most comically transparent justification for someone in marketing deciding that this is a "fun" idea. Best case scenario the doctors having their pictures taken actually had fun doing it.

According to the originating thread, it is just plain required as part of residency, lmfao.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Good to see mobile houses are ALSO becoming impossibly expensive for people who want to live in them.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

This tiktok in response to all those scams is amazing.

https://twitter.com/richieonelove/status/1382084767001292801?s=21
x'D

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Ancillary Character posted:

That's why parents need to get over their own ego and not name theirhave kids after themselves.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

If an individual uses the word "invest" when they very obviously mean "spend," they are a salesman and you should never associate with/trust them. Had a lady at my hotel yesterday talking about the different priced tour packages of the Paisley Park Prince exhibit thing and she described the pricing tiers as "how much you want to invest" and I made such a combination of emoticon faces inside, lemme tell you.

Prince's Paisley Park is a whoooole other scam, may he rest in peace. Christ, his estate executor ghouls were planning on his overdose for years.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Near as I can tell, this entire country is an MLM scam.

Tubgoat posted:

There is no scam but Capitalism, and Amerikkka is its prophet, death be upon both.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

If a pimp sends you 'round to a hotel to pick up his car, make sure you know his last name. I can't let you into a locked garage just because someone with a vendor-trash-common first name that you guessed is staying here.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Numerical Anxiety posted:

I regularly donate to Skin the Children and find it a reputable and forthright charity.

Israel appreciates your support.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Blue Moonlight posted:

At least in the US, I’ve heard there might be some spikes relating to scammers trying to test workarounds to STIR/SHAKEN before some deadlines land.
What is that?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

lavaca posted:

Facebook itself doesn't have security questions.
But it does have questionable security!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

cakesmith handyman posted:

I turned 40 the other week and all the ads and spam I'm getting switched over to older man spam immediately, it's depressing.
Lol, owned! By the time I turn 40, that poo poo will be beamed directly into my synapses by DARPA.