Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm not sure who I am because I don't speak Chinese so I never understand what they're saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Quit blaming multi-posting victims. It seems dumb as poo poo to us but plenty of people are even less technologically sophisticated than we are and as such are easy pickings for the mobile app.

I agree with you but couldn't resist

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I've used Amex for years and have never had it turned away in the states (outside of Costco who only take Visa). I've seen places with the Visa/MC logo on their register, but they still usually take Amex.

I do bring one of each when I travel overseas, because it's always kinda spotty overseas.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I tend to say OK and proceed to give them fake numbers. It's fun if work is slow.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Here's a good article on those random texts and how they operate.

https://maxread.substack.com/p/whats-the-deal-with-all-those-weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

It may not be a scam in the traditional sense but I started blocking Temu ads on YouTube because they were all I saw when watching on mobile. They kept coming and I eventually found the reason: they have over 7,000 different ads set to advertise to everyone so you can't block them all.