Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse.

Clapping Larry

Hi hello I would like to ask/know what the thread opinion is on STAR CITIZEN

Thanks and namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Clapping Larry

Trastion posted:

I'm sorry but you will need to Paypal me $1,000 for that info. Don't worry as a bonus I will throw in a sweet super awesome skin for your use in the game.

Uh, I think you'll find that all skins are earnable in-game (for a large dollar-equivalent). Now, if this was a limited* edition** ship***, I'd be down to drop some pesos on this promise.

* "Limited" digital item
** "Edition" to become irrelevant 4 years from now when ship still isn't released
*** may or may not be an actual ship

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Clapping Larry

Fruits of the sea posted:

It's less a scam and more an overly ambitious project with Molyneux'esque marketing, a terminal case of feature creep, spineless/powerless project managers and a leadership that is resorting to increasingly creative and dubious ways of making money to keep the ship afloat. Had they intended to scam folks from the start, they wouldn't have pissed so much cash away on hiring third party developers and opening new studios.

I'm a little out of date though. There was just a free weekend and it sounds like they added a bunch of stuff but the engine can't handle multiplayer.

Maybe they knew they'd look like a scam so they opened the studios and paid the developers just to look like they weren't a scam! :tinfoil:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Has anyone heard of this Jim Browning? Here's a video where he's showing the inside of an Indian scam call center, I think he might have hacked one of their computers or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_rgQ4IDS8

A hero.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Clapping Larry

Its not "like" a burglar getting mad at you, that's exactly what it is. Reminds me of a thief who broke into someone's house, got shot while in the act, and then sued the homeowner. Can't remember who won.

Either way, it always seems weird to me that people don't just set up an auto-caller to flood their phone lines. Air horn idea is great, but doesn't make good youtube viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Clapping Larry

Send patsy a link to Kitboga's explanation video of scams from a throwaway email