Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Anyone have an experience of the petition scam? Here's mine: In Belgium I was approached by a gypsy girl who asked for my signature on a petition (something do with forcing EU to provide education for gypsies - which it already does). I was thinking of signing then decided not to. She got abusive and aggressive and I just walked away. Later I learnt what the scam was. The person signs the petition then the scammer flips over the page to show a sheet on the clipboard which asks (in several languages) for a €10 donation to the cause (whatever it is). The signer feels either obligated or pressured to hand over a "donation". Of course the petition is not real (not an actual cause and is never submitted) and the cash is pocketed. This is kind of a cruel one because it doesn't prey on a victim's greed but on their desire to support a worthy cause.

I saw this one in Paris a couple years ago! I forget what the petition was supposed to be for but I signed and yeah, she flipped the clipboard over and asked for money.

I kept saying I didn't have any on me and while she didn't get aggressive she did keep lowering the amount she was asking for, and kissing her fingers and touching me with them. Over and over again. That was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Just wait 'til we're dead!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

I'm a homemade coconut!