Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I'm on holidays in Italy right now and it's actually been kind of interesting seeing scams in the wild. Don't really get a lot of that in small town Australia.

Strangest one so far is someone throwing a tiny balled up bit of plastic at me with something white inside and telling me I just bought a gram of coke and to give him 50 Euro. I was just reading a book in the park dude, how on earth did you think that would get me to hand you money. Saying 'polizia' repeatedly doesn't make me think I'm going to get in trouble for this 'transaction'.

I've also had a lady help me navigate the train ticket system and ask for money. She was helpful though and definitely made my day easier so a couple of coins doesn't matter. Could have easily not spent them but it was basically a service charge for a service I appreciated.

Then there was the guy in Venice who whispered at me and when I leaned in to hear him better tried to get stuff out of my backpack. I only carried it to hold my water so bad luck buddy.

Scams are kind of fun when it's not your every day and you lose nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
At least they're escaping their quotes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Ask / Tell > Tell me about common cons/scams your suicide plan

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Theft by theft you say? Why I never :monocle:

There are thefts by deception and things like that too.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You're far more likely to get coffee from an FBI barista.

You really want to watch what blend you get though. Getting too much Arabica could put you on a watch list.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bamhand posted:

I shall certainly ...?

It's not certainly going to happen if there is a question about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Not sure this is working well for the scammer at all.