Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

SEKCobra posted:

Holy. poo poo. Went down this rabbithole and I'm not sure I wanted to know about this attrocity. 40 loving years.

According to Wikipedia, Elan is closed (and also was given money by several public school districts!), but there are so many more of these creepy places all over the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

wow
wow that's good
wow
I would eat this right out of this shovel
wow
wow

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

SettingSun posted:

The meat of the grift is getting you to buy their book/course/exclusive group. There's *just* enough plausibility to get certain people on the hook. The actual steps they proffer are nonsense (what lender is going to extend the average viewer a line a business credit? How are you going to find people to rent out/use your asset consistently? etc) and largely irrelevant.

If Books Could Kill podcast has started on self-help finance books where the authors come out and recommend their readers run the scam of selling self-help finance books.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Professor Shark posted:

Got a title for a good ep?

The one about the book The Four-Hour Workweek

That book is the most explicit when it instructs the reader on how to get into the self-help book hustle.

buuuut you're missing a lot of the show's lore by not starting at the beginning

(the "lore" is just a few inside jokes about rich dad poor dad, I'm joking about there being lore)

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
PAY👏 YOURSELF👏 FIRST👏

all I knew about rich dad poor dad was the chumbox ads with his picture in it

the book is a memoir that's full of lies and advice that boils down to "be rich enough that you can buy property from distressed sellers and get away with ripping people off"

the rich dad poor dad extended universe is a scam for selling real estate investing seminars

source: that podcast

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
How to the SovSubjs of Canada translate American SovCit US Constitution chicanery into their framework of being the Queen's property?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
MF how can u even be sovereign if some geriatric in London is literally the Sovereign

Edit: thanks!