Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
The knives are good, the business sucks.
Vector used to do this thing that if you didnt sell to a client, they would still want a survey paper filled out as proof to get your hourly wage.
Ill gladly fill out a paper to exploit them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
I heard there was some sort of scam involving gas stations and scammers claiming to be higher up the chain and needing to know how much cash was in the till, and have them make purchases or potentially coming in and robbing them.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Sirius XM, a service I never use, has moved on from mailing me letters to having scammer sounding people call me.

This may be reason enough to never buy a ford.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Pekinduck posted:

I think scammers are now checking to see if its a real bite or someone messing with them. Its just anecdotal but my older coworkers get a ton of scam calls and play along if they're bored. I don't have any data to back this up but it would be awesome if people like Kitboga have inspired a meaningful percentage of targets to waste the scammers time.

Funny story: a friend has an elderly neighbor with a landline who bought an air horn to use on scammers. Every afternoon: PHEEEET PHEEEEEEEET He had to have a chat: "look, I get it, but my kids need to sleep for school"

gettin high huffin airhorn again no doubt

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Scam? Maybe MLM but I think a person I recently met it is trying to set me up possibly bartering or reselling consumables like toothpaste and soap from Amway.
Anyone familiar with that?

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Wish I was getting them Chinese calls all I get is the "GWOOOP" sound calls,
and I answer with a bueno, theyre usually dumbfounded its not an English answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

helno posted:

My sister is a funeral director. She checked yes to a lot of boxes about super rare diseases. They asked if she understood what those diseases were and when she said yes they handed her a cookie and said she was not eligible to donate ever.

Speaking of Funeral directors, if you havent heard, apparently any sort of license or certification is not needed to practice in the state of Colorado!

https://www.koaa.com/news/news5-investigates/state-records-penrose-funeral-home-owner-attempted-to-conceal-improperly-stored-remains