Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra

Blue Footed Booby posted:

At this part the problem seems to be easy access to VoIP. All the calls I get have obviously spoofed info since there's no way I'd get this many calls from real phones with the same area code and first three digits as me.

I found a fun way to fight this. I answer these calls now, hit whatever number it is to speak to the scumbag on the other end, wait until they're on the line and then play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the keypad until they curse me out and hang up. The best part is they know I can't hear their screaming because all I hear is beep, bop, boop, bop, beep, beep, beep. If they're still on after the first go around you can go up a register and play it with an even more annoying tone.

"Hey! You can lower your credit card payment instantly! Press "1" to speak with a representative and start saving!"
:lolplant: : "Hello, this is Steve from.."
:toot: : 3,2,1,2,3,3,3,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,2,1,2,3,3,3,3,2,2,3,2,1
:byodood: : "Hello? Hey!"
:toot: : 6,5,4,5,6,6,6,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,5,4,5,6,6,6,6,5,5,6,5,4
:argh: "You mother fucker! I will gently caress your..."
:toot: : 9,8,7,8,9,9,9,8,8,8,9,9,9,9,8,7,8,9,9,9,9,8,8,9,8,7
*CLICK!*
:smuggo:

They quit calling about 2 weeks ago, it's been nice.

Edit: This might have had something to do with it too.

DrunkMidget fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU