Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Imaduck posted:

I was riding the BART in San Francisco once and saw some guys doing a shell game. However, they were making it really easy, weren't charging their customers, and would award you a dollar if you picked the right shell. The only catch was, they wanted you to "show them some money" so that they knew you weren't homeless or something like that, because it'd be horrible to give money to someone who doesn't have any, or something.

I saw a few seemingly random people win their dollars. They came to me, I picked the right one, and then they asked me to show them my money. I said "no," they insisted, and I told them to get the gently caress out of there. They quickly hopped off the train at the next stop. (I'm not really intimidating, I think they just didn't want to attract too much attention)

I assume they were just trying to find out where your wallet was, so someone else could find an easy mark to pickpocket? Or maybe later in the scam, if they stayed around long enough, they'd ask you to bet on it? It did seem like they were legitimately giving out money, but they were just $1 bills so it wasn't like it was costing them much.

There's a pretty common scam in Europe (mainly in Spain) where someone in a train carriage will shout, "Someones stolen my wallet!", leading to everyone instinctively putting their hand where their wallet is to check it's still there. For a few unlucky punters it won't be there in a few seconds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Panfilo posted:

Last year I was on vacation in Mexico I accidentally butt dialed her and she was extremely :tinfoil: about getting charged exorbitant international rates for receiving a call for two minutes.

She's obviously mistaken but not too far off - if she had been the one in Mexico she would have had to pay exorbitant rates to receive your calls.