Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

JiimyPopAli posted:

One scam I thought of the other day was a panhandler in downtown Toronto: "The Shaky Lady".

She would sit in a high traffic area and shake her whole body like she had horrible Parkinsons. People felt sorry for her and she made a lot of money doing it, until a reporter followed her and found that after she packed up at night she walked (slowly) to her car and drove to her $300k house in the suburbs where her symptoms mysteriously disappeared.

After she was outed in the paper she stopped showing up.

What a workout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

cheerfullydrab posted:

Aren't stories about how panhandlers are secretly rich and faking their mental illness like one of the oldest urban poo poo that didn't happen myths? They exist for a reason, so you can feel better about not giving bums money.

If panhandling didn't work, people wouldn't do it. There have been enough hidden camera exposes on the secret lives of panhandlers to make me believe that it isn't an urban legend.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

greazeball posted:

Only 90! Program expenses are what they're raising the funds for and what you want >80% of the expenses to be. Those guys spend 91 cents to raise one dollar and then spend less than 6 cents of that dollar on sherrifs or policemen

Program expenses are how much they spend to operate, which is separate from how much they spend to raise funds. That top "charity" only has about 3% left over after their total expenses.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

My voice is my passport?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

That hasn't been the case since the first or second season.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

peanut posted:

I put a fresh NO SALES OR RELIGION sticker on my doorbell today

With no sales or religion, your house must truly need someone to offer to sell you something or to suggest a religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

The Scion brand was no haggle.