Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I used to work with a guy who honest to god fell for the Nigerian Prince scam. It was back in probably 2004. it was especially sad cause he came up to me and was like "I haven't told anyone yet, but I'm about to quit this place, I know it's crazy but it turns out I'm a Nigerian prince". I just started laughing and then quickly realized he was dead serious. When I told him it was a scam he didn't even believe me at first and even claimed to be aware of the scam but "this is different/real". By the end of the conversation and a bunch of convincing on my part, I got to see him realize that he wasn't Nigerian royalty in real time. It should have been funny, but it was just kind of depressing seeing this true believer realize he wasn't actually rich or about to quit his job. Like, yeah he was dumber than a door knob but drat.

iirc I think I caught him before he had actually sent the money out or after he had only sent a few hundred dollars. I don't even remember how that scam worked tbh. It was a pretty basic wire fraud thing right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mllaneza posted:

I once had a recruiter meet up with me for an interview, and afterwards smile and shake my hand before getting in his car knowing I had an almost 2 mile walk back to a bus stop.

I have read this like 10 times and I still can't figure out what the implication of it is supposed to be. I'm guessing you thought he should have offered you a ride? But I still can't figure out what that has to do with temp agencies as a business/scam.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 30, 2019