Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If they just lie, that wouldn't work too well in most cases because the insurance company is going to require their own inspector check it out before even considering cutting a check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sanford posted:

I’m a native English speaker and I don’t know what any of that means.
The term means “on the opposite diagonal corner”. Like, SW vs NE.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

MightyJoe36 posted:

This. What the gently caress good is insurance that only covers stuff you can afford to pay for out of pocket (exams, cleaning, X-rays), but doesn't cover things you need insurance for (fillings, extractions, crowns, etc.)?
Very little, but what kind of insurance is that?

Our insurance covers 70% of class B stuff (fillings) and 50% of class D stuff (crowns, implants). Not great at all, but if poo poo gets real bad it helps noticeably.

Last time I calculated it, if my wife and I had 1 ceramic filling in a year between us (in addition to regular cleanings and x rays) we ended up saving money.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Are you in Bizzaro Michigan or something? My 250/500/100 liability is about $70/half.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tubgoat posted:

Forgive my non-cheque-using ignorance, but isn't bouncing a thing when you first go to deposit it? Will they re-withdraw the money from your account after honoring it? Will they send pigs to retrieve the money you withdrew from the check if you no longer have a balance?
Every bank I’ve ever used in the US will release a portion of a check's funds immediately, then the rest waits for clearance. E.g. deposit a $5000 check and you have $200-500 available instantly but it takes a day or three to get the rest. If it bounces you’re on the hook for the 200-500.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

bird with big dick posted:

How the gently caress you activate an almond
Soak it in water for a day then let it dry out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Volmarias posted:

It's usually on the menu somewhere that parties of 8 or more (or whatever the number happens to be) have a tip automatically added. I put this down less to "mmm money gimmegimmegimme" and more "when people split the bill the tip gets lost in the calculation" and "well I'm already paying $xxx, they should be making more than enough from me already!" which sucks for the poor wait staff who aren't going to see any of that.
That’s been around forever, but recently some restaurants have started just adding a tip to all bills, particularly in Miami. Their weak justification there is that many of their customers are foreign and don’t know about how tipping works in the US.

At least some of them have it show up as “gratuity” but often the line item is just “service charge”.