Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

MettleRamiel posted:

Not exactly a scam, but pretty dishonest, I've been seeing lots of these android based Kodi boxes showing up lately. I was at a big home and garden show last month and there were three different companies selling these things. They advertise how you can get thousands of movies and tv shows with no monthly fees ever, but obviously, there's no mention that the sources are completely illegal. A friend of mine bought one recently telling me how she cut her cable and Netflix because afte paying $300 to buy the box, everything's free and it's obviously not illegal like those horrible torrent sitez because she bought it from a store!

I knew how they just accessed Kodi, but I was legitimatly curious as to who pays the bandwidth to supply these obviously illegal streams, so I asked the sales guy at this home show.

"Why, by selling these boxes, of course!"

"That doesn't make any sense. You don't have to pay a royalty or anything to make these things, both Kodi and Android OS are free. You're not trying to tell me that you provide some of the streams yourself are you?"

He just gave me an annoyed look and walked away.

These are slowly replacing what the people who do amway and sell better electricity bills sell them try to get you to sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

peanut posted:

What's the deal with gold buying agents?

I think they give you way under value because you need the money.
Then melt you grandmothers rings down and sell it for the current value

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

While on vacation I convinced a married couple I was rich and would pay them $10k to bang the wife.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Did you bang the wife

I did although it kinda ruined the trip as it was the first night in the same hotel as them and it became harder to come up with excuses on where his money was. I ended up leaving a day early because he was finally catching on that at that point I had maybe $200 with me.

The one thing that was odd was how much more mad he was about it then his wife. Not saying the sex was that good but she had a whatever attitude while I started to feel bad for him because 4-5 years down the road if they were still together it would be eating at him still.

Edit to add
They were married about a year at that point and took maybe an hour tops from meeting them at the hotel bar. The deal was she spend the night and I would have $10k for them in a day or two. She ended up staying till the next afternoon and it took a lot to convince her to leave. I had to play up the rich thing and it cost me like $125 in room service poo poo and was not worth it. I told her my family was co creators of Gatorade

HOT! New Memes fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 24, 2016

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I'd plug it into my tv to see what files are on it first