Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I haven't booted up sfv in forever, but are any costumes IRL money only or can they all be bought with Bison :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

some are real money only

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I haven't booted up sfv in forever, but are any costumes IRL money only or can they all be bought with Bison :10bux:

Story costumes can always be bought with FM, every other costume is realbux

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

CharlestonJew posted:

I was in the crowd at Defend the North, Punk would always shout "outplayed!" whenever Smug popped V-Trigger and took off 70% with 1 combo

did he take credit for designer input in Barlog so his friend smug could enjoy the character because that's how he wrote off his loss to tokido.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Also who cares about punk getting second Diago got a first place at a CPT event hooray daigoooooooo

I didn't realize CPT had a senior circuit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hopefully Capcom is reading that so they'll release more chun costumes, overpriced stages and maybe throw is a dumb new character.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Hopefully Capcom is reading that so they'll release more chun costumes, overpriced stages and maybe throw is a dumb new character.

They know the game sucks and players hate it. Are they going to change anything? No, they don't care anymore. Look at these cutscenes from usfiv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hra425b5-N8

And compare those to the cutscenes we had. You can tell one took more love than the other, hell even comparing it to tekken (same in game rendition) cutscenes you can see a huge difference in work done.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Season one pass is currently $10 on Amazon. PS4 only.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Cubivore_ posted:

Season one pass is currently $10 on Amazon. PS4 only.

Sucks, was waiting for this inevitable deal on PC

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Abigail is still really loving fun and I think he was I needed out of SFV from the start.

Anyways I made up another fun tips/tricksy kinda thing for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkRcAe1hUk

One fun thing I have in there, his defense loving sucks, but I found out on accident that if you are in trigger armour activates on ex run on frame 1 instead of frame 3 which is a super big deal.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i feel that way about kolin tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/21sBsyxHPAE

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/nv_venom/status/896470376443727874

What

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Haha super sv5 is gonna be so funny

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Two minutes! I laughed at that for two minutes!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Should we do a new animation?

Nah just add poison spam to his VR. Nobody uses those anyway so they wont notice!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

That can't be real...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look, I know you guys aren't the brightest motherfuckers around, seeing that you're still discussing SFV, but c'mon, that's a mod.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This so called mod is better than

Alexs hair and legs

Kens face

Chuns boob gravity

Maybe thats even funnier

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I don't blame anyone for believing that after cammy's air throw.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Did up Abigail oki vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aAIuWB0kvU

Abi's oki sucks 90% of the time, but I show a few practical setups that actually can produce results. LP abigail punches in corner is especially vicious.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Whenever I'm at like 10% health with Abigail I always go for a super-armor run or V-Trigger hold fierce, it's just so drat funny that you can't die from white health and people just get straight robbed out of rounds I had no business coming close to winning

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Just tried to play some online, and holy poo poo is the netcode still horrible. How do you guys get good games outside of locals?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i honestly have ok netcode most of the time

idk why you guys have it so rough

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i honestly have ok netcode most of the time

idk why you guys have it so rough

then all the rollback and lag is on the other person

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sucks for them

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

sucks for them

yeah i have a great experience like 95% of the time for the life of the game so far. I never had problems with sf5's netcode outside of the odd match and think its fantastic honestly.

PC netcode sucks and you get 1 sided rollback all the time, but that's why you don't play on pc.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

but that's why you don't play on pc.

But my mods

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
would giant titty mods be the reason I get the lag vs some pc players? I'm in the same boat where I rarely experience lag on ps4.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

zooted heh posted:

would giant titty mods be the reason I get the lag vs some pc players? I'm in the same boat where I rarely experience lag on ps4.

I think the crossplay is just really poorly optimized. PS4 vs PS4 I rarely have problems but PS4 vs PC is laggy a lot of the time.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I've gone back to this a bit and and the rollback is still a big issue. It's completely random as well, and can happen when against ps4 or pc players. UK flag to UK flag should be fine but

I might go as far as to say that it's the worst netcode of the current games out now.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 18, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

the worst netcode of the current games out now.

Outsourcing netcode design to a one guy team. :commissar:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Keegers posted:

Outsourcing netcode design to a one guy team. :commissar:

they even gave it a cool proprietary code name: "Kagemusha"

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
"Kagemusha" means someone who is an imposter; a shadow stand-in for the genuine article.

So it's also appropriately named

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've gone back to this a bit and and the rollback is still a big issue. It's completely random as well, and can happen when against ps4 or pc players. UK flag to UK flag should be fine but

I might go as far as to say that it's the worst netcode of the current games out now.

I live in the US and it's a total crapshoot if its 3 bars, which is the majority of players I find. I even like this game and I will say the netcode is abysmal and by far the worst of the modern FGs. Even the on the cheap port of KOF XIV has better and more reliable matches.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

So they announced Rose's apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDs6wqCZs3c

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

should have just put Rose in this but this character looks pretty great. Wish the basic costume had the 3rd costume's longer hair because that helmethead looks ridiculous.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This is who everyone was speculating before Abigail showed up, yes?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
She actually looks pretty cool as far as SF5 characters go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Did we already get the free 30k FM for 30th anniversary or do I have to clear more trials today?