Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

CVE posted:

He is Guy's Master and shows in the Alpha series ending for Guy where Guy was supposed to kill him to become the successor of Bushinryu.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sfa2guy.htm

Doesn't seem like an out and out fight to death, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

All the hate on the new characters, can someone remind me what was wrong with Colin?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kwilty posted:

All the hate on the new characters, can someone remind me what was wrong with Colin?

Stubby limbs, slow movement, lovely wakeup (aka a SFV character) coupled with mediocre damage and not very reliable oki.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kwilty posted:

she requires a lot of work for her damage

i still play her but w/e im dumb

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
Let’s talk ZEEKU

Old Zeku has a fun rear end spacing tool with gram that infuriates the other dude and sets his pace (in SFV?!?! Whoaaoaaoa). Meaty lk gram is bonkertown on hit, people keep showing off meaty AA gram, but isn’t it fully duckable?

Demon flip is cool until you realize everything is duckable and none of it is overhead. Young Zeku’s shoulder allowing palm/vskill/air throw followups but NOT being a legit juggle state is fuckin’ lame and shows Capcom is scurred of manly rear end setups. Same with being unable to pop a shoulder off the St.Hp and Cr. Hp target combos in young stance.

The manual stance switch is comically fast and allows for dope shifts in match since young zeku is always like, one combo and mixup into trigger away from a dizzy.

His v reversal seems pretty rear end, and while his v triggers does what it does, Another Roman Cancel trigger is uninspired as heck.

Other than that, standard dog dick range issues on his normals and the overall issue of always being a single Boxer combo away from dying.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
SFV still sucks but S2 actually had characters like Kolin, Menat, and now Zeku that I wish were in a better gameeeee.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zeku has good theme music

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Capcom Cup is this weekend wooooooooooooooooooo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

Capcom Cup is this weekend wooooooooooooooooooo

oh snap

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Sagat Cody time to play again

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

They just revealed the S3 character list on stream. It actually looks... good? Blanka is back though RIP. The fact that they're finally just telling people what they're releasing for the year is at least a positive step forwards.

Maybe they can fix up other problems with the game?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Between having fun watching CapCom cup and digging the new cast I might actually have to play this game again.

Definitely thought Cody was Eagle when he first got revealed though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Season 3 roster owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How dey gonna gently caress up sagat?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cody doesn't look bored enough IMHO

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like cody in sfiv but i couldnt do any of his 1f links so maybe now i can???

Does sakura launch with the new system upgrades or when is that stuff coming? Not playing until then

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Mena was amazing. Birdie is amazing. 🙌

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

who is g

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also hells yes blanka

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

According to the leak, the president of the United states of America.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

According to the leak, the president of the United states of America.

wait what leak?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The other half of q

Woden
May 6, 2006
Mahabari G?

Woden fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 11, 2017

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh yeah here's the trailer links too for anyone curious.

The arcade edition trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4mux-seHI

And the Sakura reveal trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABWyJ45XCo

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
so Cody went from escaped convict that broke out of jail to pick street fights, to apparently the next Mayor of Metro City?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mm yes daddy

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
isn't everyone already cody but not fun to play in this game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Had to stop his boredom somehow

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
My mains in 4 were Sakura and Juri. Please don’t let them do me like they already did me once.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

They gave Sakura a gi outfit with pants and I'm feeling personally attacked right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

How dey gonna gently caress up sagat?

can only use low fireball during v-trigger, 100%.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

can only use low fireball during v-trigger, 100%.

His v trigger is a single use low fireball

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

mm yes daddy

He has both handcuffs up until that moment, then when he brushes his hair back and the camera pulls out, it looks like the right one's there, but the left cuff's now a watch? Assuming he'll get an outfit with 'em, and probably his Final Fight outfit. What's his fourth?

Also, you can see Sagat's iris! It's very pale, but when Ryu's fist closes in on his face, you can see him staring down at it. Really wanna see his main outfit, which seems to be a jacket of some kind. We gonna get Biker Sagat? Probably gonna get the outfit from the trailer. We gonna get Sagat With Hair?

And is Ed starting an organization of his own? Are the only rules for joining A) Have emo hair and B) wear a stupid little hat?

Sakura's in. Blanka's in. They were seen running together. DAN CONFIRMED FOR SEASON FOUR! :byodood:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Man it looks like Sagat is going to be last, I dont think I'm gonna play the game again until hes in.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Why are you so eager to be disappointed?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Amazing. I can't wait to see how they're going to completely gently caress up another one of my sf4 mains.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
In Capcom's defense Sakura looks like she kept a lot of her stuff, and they've been doing okay with their DLC characters in S2. Maybe they'll make Sagat actually good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Real hurthling! posted:

His v trigger is a single use low fireball

That causes a knockdown that can only be juggled with super, so you can't even use it to extend a combo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cody won't have the normal knife anymore instead you'll get it from VT activation and you'll only get to swing it 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
If Cody has been rehabilitated, will his tornado punch still be called Criminal Upper?