Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Been watching Momochi's Lucia and she looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Hello dead thread

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1204838262986031104

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I got the Oops All DLC upgrade, which is a great value, and am enjoying playing my scrub Cammy online again.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

And they just announced the final character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wcIGqnwgk

No other game in the world gives me such a feeling of 'I don't understand, but I want to' as Street Fighter.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I can't believe they just gave Seth titties

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo they're finally adding Juri??????

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hosed up that they made Seth cool finally.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Seth says trans rights?

It's actually a cool design change. I see that Capcom continues to take fireballs away from characters on their quest to delete zoning from the game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess Makoto has officially escaped SF5

we'll never see what v-triggers rindo-kan karate is capable of.......

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have to admit, new Seth looks really cool.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
The free track suits that came with the latest update also make Nadeshiko wear one if Mika wears her track suit, while it's nice that she finally has something new to wear I think we all know it's really so that now every character on screen can be network-safe for the Olympics!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don’t understand what’s going on with CE. I keep seeing that its out 2/14, but maybe also now? I gave them $25 but I haven’t checked to see what it did yet.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

zelah posted:

I don’t understand what’s going on with CE. I keep seeing that its out 2/14, but maybe also now? I gave them $25 but I haven’t checked to see what it did yet.

Your 25$ got you all the characters (including Gill and Seth he when comes out in February) and most of the other dlc for the game, in addition the game also just updated to season 5 and all the characters got adjustments and now have a second v-skill . 2/14 marks the physical release of CE on to disk.

Mr.Flibble fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 16, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

30 minutes of day 0 super scrub testing opinions: Falke's new v skill is cool and she may finally be a real character, Kolin's new v skill looks crazy and may push her to the top, Juri probably still bad, and I can't tell what Ed's new v skill is for. Maybe it passes through projectiles?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

chumbler posted:

30 minutes of day 0 super scrub testing opinions: Falke's new v skill is cool and she may finally be a real character, Kolin's new v skill looks crazy and may push her to the top, Juri probably still bad, and I can't tell what Ed's new v skill is for. Maybe it passes through projectiles?

It does, yeah. You can hold it to extend how long he's projectile immune as well

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

This game sucks so bad they had to put breasts on Seth

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I'm just going to leave this here

https://www.twitch.tv/thisislijoe/clip/ObesePleasantMouseTBTacoLeft

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Breaseths

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
the tatanden engine

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
Gill in arcade mode gets his boss bullshit back from 3rd strike including his meteor strike super and Resurrection, though just like in sf3 if uses resurrection he gets no more super bar for the rest of the round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5MUi00dGo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

are the second vskills out now?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

are the second vskills out now?

Yep, they're kind of hit and miss though.

Menat got Rose's drill, but even if you hit at the very tip you're still negative 7, it's nice to be able to confirm to a knockdown at longer range though without meter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvUVIxhquww

hmmm.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Yep, they're kind of hit and miss though.

Menat got Rose's drill, but even if you hit at the very tip you're still negative 7, it's nice to be able to confirm to a knockdown at longer range though without meter.

https://twitter.com/Filipinoman/status/1206707093924794368

I can continue to ignore SF5 then. Also Rashid is now Nanase?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/Filipinoman/status/1206707093924794368

I can continue to ignore SF5 then. Also Rashid is now Nanase?

Yeah it's pretty much trash outside of the one specific scenario of a medium range cmp or something.

Just like vtrigger 2 there's really no reason to use it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think she also has target combo into it, and probably doesn't give up that much by not using v skill 1?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly can't gauge how good Ed's is but it gives me some big damage if I combo with it so I think it's okay? Might not be worth using over snatcher, but it's def got utility.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I feel like Zangeif's two is pretty good. It is basically just his HP with the armor in front. Geif parry so far has been entertaining at least. I think maybe Vskill one is better if you are good at the game though.

You can charge it up for more stuff but that is highly situational.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't play this game anymore but I'm fascinated by Capcom's insane attempts to unbalance it in ways they can't possibly understand. How do they do their patented dumbass balance changes, give everyone new V-Skill and not end up with Omega Mode 2.0?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't play this game anymore but I'm fascinated by Capcom's insane attempts to unbalance it in ways they can't possibly understand. How do they do their patented dumbass balance changes, give everyone new V-Skill and not end up with Omega Mode 2.0?

Make them unsafe on block, not combo into anything, and/or be lost on taking damage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:hmmyes:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

As a chun li player I wish I could never play against dhalsim and only ever play against Vega.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

zelah posted:

As a chun li player I wish I could never play against dhalsim and only ever play against Vega.

Be like me and never make it past ultra bronze. You’ll never see a Dahlsim in your life.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Do the guile’s ever go away? There are so so many in the super gold range

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I just bought the champion edition and I spent the first fifteen minutes closing up popup menus. Does it feel easier to play and do combos compared to IV or it's just my imagination?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

I just bought the champion edition and I spent the first fifteen minutes closing up popup menus. Does it feel easier to play and do combos compared to IV or it's just my imagination?

There's a input buffer for normals in SFV so the tightest a link can be is about 4f iirc. Some special motions also have more leniency.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
SF5 repeats button inputs for 2 frames after you hit them, so 1f links have a 3f input window. I'd say the special move leniency is basically the same and in some cases more strict (DP buffering). The buffer window for cancelling into specials from normals is much bigger though, and cancel windows are more generous.

It is a much easier game to play than SF4 overall.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 2, 2020

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I tried to get back into this game last night/today

The game runs like dogcrap on my computer.
I have a Nvidia 1080 and i7 8700k. Normally I run every game in 3440x1440 ultra graphics no problem

I get stuttering FPS even on medium graphics.between 30-,60fps
I tried playing with some Nvidia settings, but I couldn't get it to work well.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thinking of just playing another game at this point.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

LeninVS posted:

I tried to get back into this game last night/today

The game runs like dogcrap on my computer.
I have a Nvidia 1080 and i7 8700k. Normally I run every game in 3440x1440 ultra graphics no problem

I get stuttering FPS even on medium graphics.between 30-,60fps
I tried playing with some Nvidia settings, but I couldn't get it to work well.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thinking of just playing another game at this point.

It bad, I've got the same problem with a 2080 ti no less. It's not even during the round that's slow, it's the splash screens between matches of all things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not sure it's a particularly broad cure-all but are you by chance running it off HDDs? All my issues with game slow-down and load stopped once I moved it.