Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Real hurthling! posted:

Its this. Xrd has huge characters too and looks fine even with like may vs potemkin nothing does it as bad as these sfv shots

Partially cos GG only has a few moves (maybe even only one? I can't remember others) that're hardcoded only to hit characters in certain states. Elphelt's 5H can't hit crouchers for example, and even Potemkin, the largest character in the game, isn't so tall that the animation clips through him when he's crouching. The issue comes up when people do crouching normals that raise their hurtbox up (like Johnny 2H, Slayer 2H, etc) and still don't get hit by it, but those are relatively niche cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Partially cos GG only has a few moves (maybe even only one? I can't remember others) that're hardcoded only to hit characters in certain states. Elphelt's 5H can't hit crouchers for example, and even Potemkin, the largest character in the game, isn't so tall that the animation clips through him when he's crouching. The issue comes up when people do crouching normals that raise their hurtbox up (like Johnny 2H, Slayer 2H, etc) and still don't get hit by it, but those are relatively niche cases.

Thanks this is cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also in gg characters are rendered in front of each other and look like 2d images so even when this does happen it doesnt look nearly as weird

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime was right posted:

also in gg characters are rendered in front of each other and look like 2d images so even when this does happen it doesnt look nearly as weird
Actually SFV does the render-on-top-of-each-other thing too. It's the reason you can see Dhalsim's arm in that shot in the first place, instead of having it go between Abigail's ribs.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chev posted:

Actually SFV does the render-on-top-of-each-other thing too. It's the reason you can see Dhalsim's arm in that shot in the first place, instead of having it go between Abigail's ribs.

theres lots of clipping tho? seems inconsistent

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

well don't loving leave him hanging dude smh at this game

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anime was right posted:

there's clipping within the individual characters by themselves even on character select

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game sucks dog turds.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

anime was right posted:

abigal would be unplayable if specific moves hit him standing so yeah thats like the first "haha lol check out how bad sfv is!" when theres a really obvious reason its done that way even though his height is still a weakness in many respects

His crouching hurtbox is the exact same size as Gief's crouching hurtbox, and his standing hurtbox is only a few tiny pixels taller.
In return he gets extra health, and the longest and largest normal hitboxes in the game. If anything, his height is an advantage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime was right posted:

These days you should not be surprised by a part of SFV being inconsistent. They just didn't put the same effort and care in their character animations (or anything, really) as Arcsys does.

Chev fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 27, 2017

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Chev posted:

These days you should not be surprised by a part of SFV being inconsistent. They just didn't put the same effort and care in their character animations (or anything, really) as Arcsys does.

Animations were actually the one thing SFV did really well before Cammy's air throw etc.

(You could argue that the facial animations are poo poo but look at the meshes they had to work with)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

abigal would be unplayable if specific moves hit him standing so yeah thats like the first "haha lol check out how bad sfv is!" when theres a really obvious reason its done that way even though his height is still a weakness in many respects

Other than Urien AA fireball whiffing which, as a hugo player I agree is for the best, nothing else in this game is going to make abigail unplayable.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If Abigail doesn't get this as a costume, so loving help me...

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
ring of pride stage theme is pretty drat good. especially 2nd round. https://youtu.be/_zdih2EeNs4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that what a 10 dollar stage sounds like?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttSeJ7qmaHc

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are we sharing amazing SFV jams?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDCciuBRpc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like how weird the Juri theme is, compared to like the Ryu or Nash themes which feel kind of boring to me

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

I listen to this jam in the dark with my headphones on

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that what a 10 dollar stage sounds like?

what a waste of money when you could spend 24.99 and get the entire capcom 2017 protour package stage included!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else running into a rare issue where Abigail can't do anything from his command run? No matter what you hit, he just keeps running forward. Only ways out are either the auto-punch at the end or if he gets attacked out of it. On a Hori FC4 that's only about a year old. I know that's like 48 in Hori product years, but the buttons work fine all other times.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

zooted heh posted:

ring of pride stage theme is pretty drat good. especially 2nd round. https://youtu.be/_zdih2EeNs4

Because people don't get tired of listening to this song in the waiting room in which they'll be spending a lot of time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Made up a video detailing how Abigails abusing pre-jump frames to make specials throws works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfP7r5C3ycc

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Evil Canadian posted:

Made up a video detailing how Abigails abusing pre-jump frames to make specials throws works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfP7r5C3ycc

How many frames of pre-jump does Abigail have, anyhow? You neglected to mention that.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Something like 8. I tried doing this with Juri and I'm either doing it wrong or they did something to it at some point. I'd imagine this would be a JC'd 214k. Doing it for Abigail is pretty easy.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If you're doing a reversal you're not cancelling pre-jump frames into the move.

Also 8 pre-jump frames is loving ridiculous. Does he even have a 360/720?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Took me nearly 20 minutes to do it twice, doubt you'd want to be doing it with anyone but Abigail.

https://my.mixtape.moe/kguzgl.webm

The annoying thing was that there's no visual indicator, even when you can see you've ended in an up input followed by a kick.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If you're doing a reversal you're not cancelling pre-jump frames into the move.

Also 8 pre-jump frames is loving ridiculous. Does he even have a 360/720?

No his cmd throw is half circle

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So I fired this up again and didnt get the 50k bp I heard was available. Do I have to do something to get the credit?

Also, I played about 20 matches. The DLC way of obtaining characters really shows now. I saw 15 matches with release characters, two akumas, two balrogs, and one juri

The characters are simply too expensive - money and in-game acquiring wise

Really dissapointed. I was hoping to play some eds, kolleens, abigails since I havent played since Akuma came out and just wanted some flavor. I cant pick the chars myself bcz I'm not going to spend money on this game, but I had no problem and expected to see some matches with the new characters, but apparently other people aren't buying the new characters either

Nothing

Dead game is p dead

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Madcosby posted:

So I fired this up again and didnt get the 50k bp I heard was available. Do I have to do something to get the credit?

Also, I played about 20 matches. The DLC way of obtaining characters really shows now. I saw 15 matches with release characters, two akumas, two balrogs, and one juri

Really dissapointed. I was hoping to play some eds, kolleens, abigails since I havent played since Akuma came out and just wanted some flavor. I cant pick the chars myself bcz I'm not going to spend money on this game, but I had no problem and expected to see some matches with the new characters, but apparently other people aren't buying the new characters either

Nothing

Dead game is p dead

Is this copy/paste or something cause its pretty dumb.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Madcosby posted:

Nothing

Dead game is p dead

What? The game is dead because you don't want to get any of the new characters and people you've played against haven't used them? Maybe you should play a f2p game or something.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

This game basically already has a f2p model except shittier. It's dumb as hell that they even charge for the base game at this point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The FM comes sometime in August. Also I launched the client for the first time in a while and found a game in literally 5 seconds so it sure doesn't seem dead to me.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Punk got second place again. 🙊

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The FM comes sometime in August. Also I launched the client for the first time in a while and found a game in literally 5 seconds so it sure doesn't seem dead to me.

I've been playing since Abigail came out doesn't take longer than a minute to get a game in ranked in the plat-diamond range.

Steam shows there's usually 1200~ people online(in the middle of the night EST when I check anyways) in the pc version at any given time, and im sure its probably triple that at minimum for ps4 so yeah the games playerbase is still healthy.

Also who cares about punk getting second Diago got a first place at a CPT event hooray daigoooooooo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Evil Canadian posted:

Also who cares about punk getting second Diago got a first place at a CPT event hooray daigoooooooo

It's more fun to revel in all the schadenfreude.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was in the crowd at Defend the North, Punk would always shout "outplayed!" whenever Smug popped V-Trigger and took off 70% with 1 combo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
gutter trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Evil Canadian posted:

Daigowns