Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I spent 1000 fm on the new mode and I put my stick down to grab a drink while it does its little gold lamé date and zoom and loading.

That mode had no loading for whatever reason it dumped me into the fight. 1000 fm gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Jumped in for a few ranked matches and most of my complaints are still there.

Game still responds sluggishly, its hard to anti air on reaction and the entire fight and the entire fight feels like a guessing game with one right guessing paying out huge damage.

At least the loading is quicker?

Also:

https://twitter.com/NvrKnwsBst00/status/953321382728949760

This is unironically awesome

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If I buy a story costume with fight money do i have to unlock the colors with survival because if so :smithicide:

edit: also the only way i was able to keep arcade mode from crashing was to use Sakura's nostalgia costume :confused:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is no bundle that includes stages and costumes and whatnot, right? The stuff on sale just unlocks characters from all the seasons and some colors?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Zelder posted:

This is unironically awesome

I am reminded of the CvS shin shoryuken.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one thing I hate is that it seems there's just no explanation for Triggers/Skills in the movelist. I haven't played a bunch of the new characters like Alex and having no real description for Rage poo poo is stupid as gently caress. I liked Injustice 2 at least telling me what a skill did.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
They give you an explanation in the Demonstrations. Not ideal, but it's there.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2GZ3qnmhRc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kens arcade ending for sf3 is him getting nut shot by mel

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

What's 2nd Impact's engine doing in SFV

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
What are you supposed to do after Ryu's new parry? Can you combo it into anything?

I assume it's supposed to be better than his 1st v-trigger as long as you get good enough to parry stuff regularly?

Also are there any like videos or writeups of Ryu's new optimized combo and stuff?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Played some more tonight but every single match I got was just a lag poo poo mountain.

On the plus side, I discovered I can actually do double quarter motions just fine on my fanta stick so I guess I'm STICKING... with stick...

Remember when Balrog counted? That was cool. They should bring it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcz1KUXGZM

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Night Blade posted:

Played some more tonight but every single match I got was just a lag poo poo mountain.

On the plus side, I discovered I can actually do double quarter motions just fine on my fanta stick so I guess I'm STICKING... with stick...

Remember when Balrog counted? That was cool. They should bring it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcz1KUXGZM

Pretty sure he still shouts numbers for TAP

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

In Training posted:

So, nobody is gonna post the Sakura upskirt art. Why do I even have this thread bookmarked anymore.

Seriously.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its ugly as hell. It looks like a rough sketch alien peeking out from behind a weird telephone pole

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Night Blade posted:

Yeah, what's up with this? If I get it against a PC player, sure, their settings are too high or they're playing on a toaster. But I also get it from PS4 players with that little squiggle icon on the loading screen that I thought meant a wired connection.

edit - Apparently that icon just means a P2P connection? I guess it was just wifi players all along, which makes sense.

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 18, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

In Training posted:

So, nobody is gonna post the Sakura upskirt art. Why do I even have this thread bookmarked anymore.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Its ugly as hell. It looks like a rough sketch alien peeking out from behind a weird telephone pole

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol that's not real. I refuse to believe

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That artstyle is familiar. Also this is when "it's stylized" is a fair defense, because...it's stylized.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Lol that's not real. I refuse to believe

This one is also real and haunts ryu.
Nsfw :siren:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Chun got swerved by the cross-up so many times she broke her god drat ankle.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted:

is chun trying to eat ryu with her crotch

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is chun trying to eat ryu with her crotch

In Soviet Russia etc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Our season 1 story art style choice was 'off-model carny art' and our season 3 choice is 'airbrushed on a windowless van'

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

'off-model carny art'

This is exactly what I think of when I look at SF2 character portraits

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

How does Capcom consistently make things like cleavage and upskirts so unsexy?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Guile's VT2 seems really, really good.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Waiting for SF6 where Guile can shoot sonic booms out of his rear end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Real hurthling! posted:

someone needs a vagina bone removal

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

how do you trigger the cpu new challengers in arcade mode?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Weird question, but has anyone ever transferred their save to a new PS4? I read everything was tied to the fighter ID/PSN but I wanted to be sure. If I do that plus download my save file I should be good, right?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I'm pretty sure I hate this game, but Abigail is the most enjoyable grappler I've ever played in anything.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So is this game worth getting now with the Arcade Edition update? I'm thinking of getting the PC version (don't have a PS4)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why is Duck King in the arcade mode bonus games.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Weird question, but has anyone ever transferred their save to a new PS4? I read everything was tied to the fighter ID/PSN but I wanted to be sure. If I do that plus download my save file I should be good, right?

If you just sign in to another PS4 it'll log you into your cfn and you'll still have your rank + costumes + characters, but I think you'll lose locally saved stuff like Trials progress, but transferring actual save data should allow you to keep that stuff

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I cannot purchase the Fighter ID change ticket on steam using real money, it says it's unavailable. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AceOfFlames posted:

So is this game worth getting now with the Arcade Edition update? I'm thinking of getting the PC version (don't have a PS4)

Ehh just pirate older better sf games

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Ehh just pirate older better sf games

If you want to play a traditional styled Street Fighter that isn't Super Turbo, then play Alpha 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Capcom's cutting the amount of Fight Money you get from some missions in half. This week's main mission is 2500, would have been 5000 last week. So if you had planned on getting season 3 for free, good luck.