Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Reiley posted:

The cool straightforward neutral-centric game people always say they want exists before their very eyes, but they can not master their own hangups and inhibitions to just pick up a gamecube controller and play it.

Thats because the controller sucks for Capcom vs. SNK 2 on the gamecube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mr. Locke posted:

Actually, trends have Sagat being a broken shitlord in the first installment of any new SF series, so I doubt V will be any different. I expect 30F Fireballs, a V-trigger where he shoots 'em at both heights at the same time, and a stand MK what somehow generates a hitbox 2/3s of the way across the screen and is cancellable on whiff.

I hope his v trigger replaces every punch and kick motion with fireballs with 0 delay and you can do cool bullet hell patterns

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Now that DBZF saved the Marvel players I wish someone would license like Bloodsport or something and use it to lure people into a stealth fixed version of Street Fighter.

Like for real just find another beloved cartoon series where people punch eachother, make a GG game with like 1/5th the offense and complexity, bing bong bing bong Capcom is out on their asses.

DBZ FighterzZZ could easily run into the same issue where the game has to bend over backwards to please the license holders that a lot of those licensed fighters run into eventually

That said they are literally making a blazblue game with persona characters in it? That's something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

The cool straightforward neutral-centric game people always say they want exists before their very eyes, but they can not master their own hangups and inhibitions to just pick up a gamecube controller and play it.

Nitroplus is on gcn?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Reiley posted:

I'm pretty sure people that say that are talking specifically about wanting a fighting game though.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Reiley posted:

Bloody Roar was an interesting game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DBZ FighterzZZ could easily run into the same issue where the game has to bend over backwards to please the license holders that a lot of those licensed fighters run into eventually

That said they are literally making a blazblue game with persona characters in it? That's something

bamco iirc has a license that basically lets them keep the IP as long as they release a game a year and they're still making cash monies

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

My hope is that the next one is actually a good game.

I'll bite, what makes DBFZ not a good game?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

FanaticalMilk posted:

I'll bite, what makes DBFZ not a good game?
heres my opinions as far as gameplay is concerned: boring linear offense, rock-paper-scissors style design choices, matches drag like crazy, sparking regen is not fun, dragon rush feels like poo poo, neutral has a gross feel. this game has a heavy emphasis on guessing at every point during a match imo. generally samey characters as far as gameplans go (ex no real grappler, no real zoner, even the traps char nappa cant really use saibamen like that, etc)

as far as uh not the gameplay is concerned: this dlc model sucks, color unlock gacha rolls suck, buggy ring matches

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Zand posted:

heres my opinions as far as gameplay is concerned: boring linear offense, rock-paper-scissors style design choices, matches drag like crazy, sparking regen is not fun, dragon rush feels like poo poo, neutral has a gross feel. this game has a heavy emphasis on guessing at every point during a match imo. generally samey characters as far as gameplans go (ex no real grappler, no real zoner, even the traps char nappa cant really use saibamen like that, etc)

All of this, but more--

--Questionable balance on system mechanics--Hyper Dash blowing through projectiles, fine I understand they don't want the game to turn into a spamfast, but Hyper Dash blowing through jab and even mediums, stupid.
--Lack of good defensive options, especially on wake-up. Not saying every character needs an invincible DP or whatever, but the lack of NORMAL throws, reliable burst, and guard cancel options that don't suck until you're on your last character really makes the game devolve into setplay and oki.
And I could play SFV or MvC:I if I wanted a game revolved around that (I don't).
--My guess is that they wanted Vanish to work as a defensive option as well as offensive, but defensively Vanish only works to kill zoning and on wakeup characters can just duck and 2H.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Shiki Dan posted:

--My guess is that they wanted Vanish to work as a defensive option as well as offensive, but defensively Vanish only works to kill zoning and on wakeup characters can just duck and 2H.

This is kind of like saying DP is a bad defensive option on wakeup because they can just block and punish

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

This is kind of like saying DP is a bad defensive option on wakeup because they can just block and punish

Here is a helpful translation guide to reading shikidan posts:

Shiki Dan posted:

Game sucks because

--not enough uguu~
--needs more kawaii
--anime anime anime anime anime anime anime anime.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Jmcrofts posted:

Vanish has significantly more start-up than DPs.
So much so that characters can 2H on reaction.
Hell, even withOUT reaction a delayed enough 2H will autocorrect.

Granted, in Sparking you can empty cancel and make it a legit safe teleport but...

Brosnan posted:

Here is a helpful translation guide to reading shikidan posts:

Yeah, because I certainly play anime games a lot.
Do you even know who the gently caress you are talking about 99% of the time?

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 1, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The goon fgc old guard has not liked a new fighting game except npb (good choice btw) since like 2014 when i started reading the threads let them have their opinions

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Shiki Dan posted:

Vanish has significantly more start-up than DPs.
So much so that characters can 2H on reaction.
Hell, even withOUT reaction a delayed enough 2H will autocorrect.

You can 2h on reaction if you're not already doing something. If you are going for a meaty and the opponent vanishes, they will get out.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
vanish isn't frame 1 invincible, meaties are like the one thing it cant beat. granted, landing a meaty in this game where only one character can get a set timing on knockdowns without blowing 3 bars can be pretty hard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao i just found out that tool angry joe has the rights to design and kick start a street fighter table top miniatures game? Oh capcom.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know if I'd single out DBFZ neutral as being guess heavy seeing that it borrows heavily from Marvel. Seems a bit unfair.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It just has to hold everyone over until the secret best fg this year, Soul Calibur BlazTag SNK HEROINES

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fexl

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
FLEX

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Saint Freak posted:

It just has to hold everyone over until the secret best fg this year

I'm confused, the best secret FG this year, Puyo Puyo Tetris, is already available?!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

The goon fgc old guard has not liked a new fighting game except npb (good choice btw) since like 2014 when i started reading the threads let them have their opinions

I'm with the old fgc guard most of the time, but Pokken is good

Dias posted:

I don't know if I'd single out DBFZ neutral as being guess heavy seeing that it borrows heavily from Marvel. Seems a bit unfair.

Guess heavy is a weird way to describe it, but I agree 100% that dbfz neutral feels gross. It might help if the game had stronger variety in character gameplans like he said later on.

I think the only thing I disagree with is the rock-paper-scissors style design complaint. In theory stuff like that is annoying, but it's a feeling I have a little in pokken as well but the game still felt very fun with that in it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the issue is that there are three or four different ways of just saying "gently caress the neutral" in DBFZ and you need to be aware of all of them at all times. But then again, to me that's Marvel (at least Marvel 3). You can beamport, you can throw out hidden missiles, you can divekick into 100%...

I agree with lack of diversity in play styles and linear offense though.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Replacing Deflect with a mechanic closer to traditional pushblock would probably do a lot to help the rhythm of neutral and relieve some of the pressure from defense.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

Replacing Deflect with a mechanic closer to traditional pushblock would probably do a lot to help the rhythm of neutral and relieve some of the pressure from defense.

ib + deflect would work fine too also.

ib is cool.

i like ib.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm old as poo poo and Tekken 7 is amazing. Hell, so is Xrd.

DBFZ is still farrrr better than Marvel. The character balance sucks though.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I came back to this game and im trying to get these Monster Hunter outfits, but its only giving me 1 gem every time I win, and giving me no others, repeatedly.
How exactly is one supposed to get the other gems?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shoenin posted:

I came back to this game and im trying to get these Monster Hunter outfits, but its only giving me 1 gem every time I win, and giving me no others, repeatedly.

There's an NPC outside of town that you can talk to. Ask him "Where Does Bison Get His Gifts?" which will unlock the quest that takes you to Key Of Ken and leads to a lot of gems

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Are there any up to date wiki or guides on sf5 characters? Srks is pretty barebones atm

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
Maybe check out Giefs Gym on r/Street Fighter, not sure if it's up to date with S3 but I'm pretty sure it's a drat sight better than the SRK wiki

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Shoenin posted:

They are weekly quests, so you have to wait until the next reset to get the next gem.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ADTerminal posted:

Maybe check out Giefs Gym on r/Street Fighter, not sure if it's up to date with S3 but I'm pretty sure it's a drat sight better than the SRK wiki

this

you can also buy his stuff in ebook form on amazon

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so after I won a nice discount coupon for this and thought hell yea a fightymans game for cheapbux and then welp

I requested a refund because I couldn't log in at all, even after doing the whole manual portforwarding and firewall exception-ing song and dance and lmao playing a SF just for the single player

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SFV does admittedly have a lot to do with arcade mode now but the insane fight money reduction feels like two steps back.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Season 3.5 changes: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/apr/02/season-35-patch-notes-street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-released/

Abigail dead. Literally murdered. Watch the Giefs return now.

Rashid looking dead too, good.

Cammy... buffed? While already being one of the best? They must have a long backlog of Cammy costumes to unload, so they need people to play her.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Menat got buffed which is insane.

Vega is still unforgivable trash.

Abigail died so Broly can live.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Lol they buffed Ryu's fierce dp damage by a minuscule amount (10 dmg) but ONLY if it hits during first frame. It's poo poo like this that makes me believe Capcom sees their poo poo game as a masterpiece of balance and slightly more consequential changes will break their work of art.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Hello, police? I'd like to report a murder. Some Japanese guys just murdered a Canadian in broad daylight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Evil Canadian posted:

Menat got buffed which is insane.

Vega is still unforgivable trash.

Abigail died so Broly can live.

came here for the Vega insight because I haven't loaded the game up since dbfz came out. thanks for saving me the trouble.