Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm pretty interested in buying a Hori Kai sometime soon. What's the verdict on the silent version? The idea of a quiet stick is wonderful as long doesn't have any big downsides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MohShuvuu posted:

somebody in the last thread told me it's bad

Bummer. Any reasons why?

I'm assuming the regular Kai is A++ though

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So is xrd revelator honestly a good game if I got burned pretty hard by SFV? I like sp fgs and I'm okay with sucking at low level mp but SFV has just been rough on me and as much as I absolutely love the characters I haven't been able to stick with it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Huh sounds good to me. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it looks like something I could enjoy.

Jmcrofts posted:

It is a good game but it's hard to say if you'll like it, could you explain what you didn't like about sf5?

Hm this is tough. I think the complete lack of sp content really knocked it down for me. Knowing that the mid-pro level game doesn't seem to be all that fun for most people really made me wonder why I would bother dedicating so much time to learning the game. If everyone was pumped and was talking about how fun the fighting is past beginner levels I might be more compelled to learn but I'm not seeing it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Microwaves Mom posted:

If I was offered a refund for SFV at this point I would probably take it without needing to think about it.

Same and it makes me so sad. I've always been a casual turd with the ability of a ballsack but Street Fighter has been important for so long and I can't believe they managed to let me down this much. It really blows. I hope they turn it around but we'll see.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

OW has the best scoreboard of anything I can remember. Straight to the point, encourages you to play the objective with your team, and generally cuts out the things that usually make people want to just focus on one stat.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

In Training posted:

It's there to trick people who aren't good at the game into thinking they're still good so they keep playing and maybe buy more cosmetics :P

Works on me!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey i started playing mkx for the first time since a month after launch and my god it's 10x the game sfv is right now

MKX is an amazing game I should get to reinstalling it soon and buy Leatherface so I can play the TCM game I've wanted forever.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly you guys should cut your losses, give up and buy GGXRDREVwords. It's a wonderful game and has enough content to make anyone happy. It deserves $60 and feels like the developers love the game and the fact that people want to enjoy themselves. I was mad bummed about SFV and GG felt like heaven even as a casual.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

All games are improved by having sweaty bare man chests and jiggly titties everywhere honestly.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ixiggle posted:

People are way into her feet so as long as those are bare the fans will be fine

I was legit upset when I thought she had shoes in one of the first screens I saw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Earlier I decided that since I'm a casual idiot and am way off from having stuff like 2.738494 megahoots of input lag actually affect me I cleaned my brain in regards to this, reinstalled on the PS4 and I actually had a lot of fun now that I don't let the internets opinions trickle into my enjoyment and convince me that this is an unplayable game. I wrapped up the stories which were silly fun and spent a bunch of time getting better with the trials. Games are fun I apologize to myself for giving in to negativity when I genuinely like something.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've never played a KoF game but the gameplay from the new one looks super flat and boring and kinda janky. What's great about KoF?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cool feet content

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m not a die hard competitive fg player since I mostly look for solo play in them but why is dbfz considered bad? I love everything about dbz and the art style was amazing but I abandoned it real quick. I don’t know what it was about it. Just didn’t pull me in.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

In Training posted:

Its beautiful but kind of shallow and boring. It's a drat fine base for a game that they will presumably make better with paid balance patches and revisions as usual but it will be a while before I personally care again about playing it.

Yeah that’s what I figured. I’ve been playing fighting games forever but nowhere near well enough to figure out the depth/balance of them. DBFZ really felt off in some way to me. Like it was loving awesome and beautiful on the surface but had some blandness under that layer. :shrug:

I should have used that money on Xenoverse 2 for my goku fix

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

^^^why not? Worse than the first one?

Appreciate the info btw everyone

Shiki Dan posted:

Ironically DBFZ has almost the same gameplay problems that SFV does, but it actually looks great and has a good story mode so people don't bitch about it as much.

Man I’m still bummed SFV got gently caress all for single player. I didn’t even bother with the new story thing they added because :shrug: too late.

Is it worth it?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I rarely ever get mad about games and developers, and I often roll my eyes when people talk about devs ruining games or killing a franchise. I always find those claims obnoxious and the people behind them stuck in their own weird bubble. But this poo poo they’ve done with Street Fighter is 100% that and it’s the most infuriating thing imaginable. I would genuinely believe an insane conspiracy that there’s some inside group trying to destroy the franchise forever. It’s past just being a bad game, they’re actively trashing the entire series.

Seriously what the fuuuuuck are they thinking? It sucks so much.

Best case scenario is that SFV is Capcom’s New Coke.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 13, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The worst part is that for my dumb casual rear end the sfv button feel/animations/characters/sounds are my favorite in the entire fg world (though scvi and smash are close to topping it in certain ways). I just can’t be bothered to get good at it considering the only pvp I would play is online and the horror stories make it seem pointless. Also there’s the entire truckload of hot steaming manure that capcom can’t stop shoveling ontop.

I mean gently caress, as mentioned above why not just add ads into the arenas? It would probably be awful as well but the current approach is embarrassing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love horny spooky muscle daddy

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kongming posted:

This just makes me incredibly sad.

Same but because the rest of the game doesn’t match up with those things for me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sestze posted:

a lot of the issues got fixed, and it's the same dudes rolling through and saying "it's poo poo play ____ instead"

i left the fg discord for goons because ya'll are negative pissbabys about just about everything and it makes interacting with you guys tiresome

:yeah: it’s extremely tiring. I’ve always found the goon fgc very helpful but when it’s 80% toxic pissy assholes it gets absolutely fatiguing to exist with. It wasn’t always like this either but who knows. It’s a bit worse outside of the forums but that’s have changed lately.

Anyway I’ve been wanting to give SFV another shot so I think I’ll reinstall soon. The ads were loving atrocious but I guess they rolled that back. Might try DBFZ again too why the hyeck not.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 28, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Astrochicken posted:

Everyone say 1 good thing about SFV.

I'll start. Fang is a great character.

Buttons feel awesome to smash

Lots of great character designs

New characters are very cool

Music and sound are killer

Massive amount of amazing alt costumes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cleretic posted:

I'm a very casual fighting game player, but something important and pretty basic to fighting games, that I still don't always get from them, is that I can almost always learn from a failure; I know enough about what was happening to know what went wrong and pinpoint the exact move that I need to learn to anticipate. Fixing it might be a little hard sometimes, but I can learn from it and improve without further education about what happened.

I do say that in part because I played it shortly after playing Dragon Ball FighterZ, which is basically on the whole other end of the scale in 'understanding what's going on' because the fights are super fast and every combo is like 50 hits. Between those two, I prefer SFV's pacing and ease of read a lot more.

Have you played Tekken 7/SCVI? They’re opposite ends on the complexity spectrum but as someone who seems to play at the pace you mentioned I’ve found them both very nice to learn from. Their buttons are very clear visually too. In Tekken you can say “oh that was a left hand punch move” and go from there. SC is just as easy “dude keeps hitting with that vertical so I need to side step more” etc. they’re slower paced in a way that gives me just enough breathing room to stay mindful of what’s happening.

I will say though as a fellow DBFZ noob trying to figure out what the gently caress is happening, it does become more clear over time. In that game don’t be afraid to use the autocombos while learning the mechanics online. When you’re not trying to nail real combos you have more brainpower for learning the rest and getting comfortable. There’s definitely a flow to DBFZ but it has taken me forever to figure out what the gently caress is ever happening and what I need to be thinking at any moment.