Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Night Blade posted:

Are Bayonetta GIFs allowed?

start with ones vs ryu in smash to get them used to it and then go hog wild after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

your button hand can hunt and peck with two fingers if you are super precise and know how to double tap but otherwise it doesn't make sense to give up the advantage that stick has over pad of letting you use your whole hand to hit buttons. you have four fingers and four rows of buttons and likely have great dexterity with a keyboard so its only natural that you would want to keep your hand stationary and use that muscle memory. you can even approximate double tapping by doubling your button presses where appropriate. its no big deal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

What was their excuse for not releasing on XBox One? The Japanese market? I rage-uninstalled MKX after the last invasion boss so I need a fighter that's balanced and not a DLC factory.

sony paid for the game to be made

the game's whole model is dlc seasons of new characters so maybe wait for guilty gear or tekken7 later this year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chacmool posted:

I hate asking here but does anyone have looping audio of Karin's Ahohohohohho!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ZbH_FBofA

i googled karin laugh loop at it was there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chakan posted:

I was following the old thread till it exploded right before launch. Why are dmc gifs being posted?

when people get into a bad mood and argue about the game being good or not dante arrives to lighten the mood.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a really funny episode. not as funny as the smug ones last month but that's unfair

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

Oh poo poo, look at them PRODUCTION VALUES.

mid episode ads paying off

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is that a hitbox made from a portable drill case under there? that's pretty smart

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

New tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

Seems like a lot of people don't know how to use the guard recovery record thingy in training mode so hopefully this is helpful.

you're the man and i train your methods every day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

had a super rough night online tonight. thought i could skip warm up and jump straight in cause i was pressed for time before bed. bad idea.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

Did another tutorial - this one's kind of for the newer players but hopefully some of you guys get something out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO-NZ09Ve-Q

nice. if you do a bonus vid on this one could you work throws into the mix?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

Ugh I am finally starting to play ranked and its just about 1/3 matches are ragequits. Almost always pc users too I guess the urge to alt+f4 is too great :(

i'm still down in rookie and even 0 lp players do it to me. why are you rage quitting when you lose nothing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Colorspray posted:

jmcrofts, thank you for making those great tutorials.

I know there's an app, but I found googled and found a framedata spreadsheet for the lazy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1976rt8B91PqVCeYJAmcnW1uwVJ0H03QJtV-dJC5ohL8/htmlview?sle=true

I like this game a lot - the changes they made over 4 seem like an improvement - I was never a fan of the focus system and V-trigger seems to be a solid step up. Don't remember seeing any mention of an arcade mode in this thread, but the lack-of arcade mode is the biggest gripe I have. Sometimes you just want to try out garbage on the comp that is somewhat of a challenge before plowing through 26 potatoes beforehand. I hope that's coming next month.

you can set the computer to take over the dummy in training and put all the meters to normal to simulate arcade. its not the same but it will get you close enough

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

from capcoms perspective penalties for dropping at launch would have everyone getting punished for their bad servers

from my perspective if my super animation gets interrupted by a disconnect again i'm gonna be crazy salty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Is there anything Karin can do follow up st.HK when it crush counters. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out any options.

i saw this on youtube earlier. a walk forward v trigger thing might have been beta only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_dpkux0Gk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are nash's lights faster than ryu's? i just lost two rounds in a row to nash at the wire both rounds came down to one hit to win we were point blank range each time and my crouch jab never came out. next time i guess i'll try to block and counter instead of being aggressive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hobojim posted:

Nash's st.lp is slower than Ryu's by one frame, crouching jab is the same at 4 frames for each of them.

gently caress my luck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does sfv let you stuff a reversal like xrd? like if you jumping attack right at recovery you can stuff a dp?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ingenium posted:

So I get that Ryu is the classic starting character to learn the game and getgud. I am cool with committing to him for a while, but what is a good indicator that you can start looking at other characters without falling into all the standard issues with starting on characters like Vega or Dhalsim. I am only struggling to keep my super bronze now so I have a long way to go either way.

play who you want to play when you want to play them. it will help you know what to react to while you continue to main ryu.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ranked is hosed. i'm all warm after a lobby session and ranked won't give me anyone to play as a nightcap. i'm searching for any/any and still getting nothing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why does the matchup screen always say "not ranked" but as soon as the game starts it knows your rank? why does that screen not have access to the data? c'mon capcom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

capcom came out and said they are working on fixing rage quits and will fix the game soon but starting next week they will take action against the worst offenders even before the game is fixed. they need video evidence on youtube or twitch archive to punish people and they say it will be severe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJbrI7K6w8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fellblade posted:

I can't be the only one thinking it's real easy to edit in the rage quit error screen at the end of any match.

lolol should be a fun week

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

Beat hard survival every time you want to fight online

beat tas-bot in a first to 10 to rejoin matchmaking queue

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have a bad habit of trying to spam the next move in a combo following a hit confirm through the first moves animation and it works great in games with chain combos but it doesn't seem to work for links like that in sf. when i practice cr lk, cr lp xx hp dp with ryu I get really mad to see 2hit on the screen 50 percent of the time so in matches i wuss out to the mashable target chain combo because i lack confidence when i get an in and don't want to waste the chance

any tips?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cloofish posted:

Floe's is also good, but yours is a hell of a lot more concise.

floe is an amazing person to watch talk and play and i would watch him do pretty much anything but his tutorial videos are so rambling and vague that they don't hold a candle to our jmcroft

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cams posted:

when i am sitting in training mode, practicing combos while i wait for ranked casual matches to pop up, i try and practice them completely clean with as few inputs as possible.

of course, when i actually start playing a match i will be tapping like mad. it's awful. i tend to be of the belief that training mode muscle memory is completely separate from real match muscle memory, but grinding stuff out in the former will allow for progress in the latter. for instance, i can do all kinds of tricky stuff with laura's resets in training mode, but i absolutely don't have the discipline to do it in matches. it's not even about the inputs, it's about knowing when i can land that stuff and when they won't be jabbing out of my command grabs.

but yeah i double/triple/quadruple/etc tap constantly but i'm awful so

you're top 500 in ranked playing a weak character and contending with rampant disconnect cheating so i'm gonna keep doing it out of respect for your awesome mastery of the technique

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

Reviving this old post to say I started going out of my way to do this and it's made a big difference. Super is really really good in this game, for most characters. Good stuff Trykt.

his v reversal has been a lot more useful than his trigger for me as well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharzak posted:

I feel like there have been way more than V street fighters. Can anyone confirM?

there are 5 street fighter 2s at least

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elvis_Maximus posted:

RIP gootecks, needs to read his own book imo

At least todays ea is loving funny

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really wish theyd fix the clipping on character hair and stuff. Its really dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fellblade posted:

I really hate Ryu HK, I'd love to crush counter your obvious pokes but sorry they don't have hitboxes 2 feet above your head.

Hold back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone want to run sets against a bad ryu send a request to cfn rocsfeather

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

sfv doesn't let me input a space in a name search

what space?

sorry i didn't join right away i was in a match. resend the request if you are still online. it won't let me send one to you for some reason. maybe you logged off?

got it now i thought one of the i's in your name was an l

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 29, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

A few pointers: Practice your combos in training. Almost every opportunity you got you dropped it.

Jump back mp when someone does a raw wall dive. I had to force myself to not spam it over and over because you obviously didn't know how to deal with it.

Practice anti-airing.

Learn which of your moves are minus on block, that way you know when your "turn" is over and it's time to block or maneuver.

You were too predictable with your buttons/hadoukens. Vega's v-skill is terrible, and I was landing it way too often.

yeah i get combo and aa jitters. its a long process. :sigh:
thanks for the wall dive tip. i owned a dude in ranked off that alone. you're the best

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Commissar Ken posted:

Normal gets you a weird green/orange combo, black trunks Gief and my coveted color Cheddah Gief. Only problem is Cheddah Gief doesn't turn him super dark tan like Marvel and poo poo.

cheeda gief isn't black? 2/10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think hell is just titles and fm and they thankfully didn't put colors there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

ggxrd rev has a young korean girl living inside of a gouken robot body

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

messaging needs a dedicated button after all matches so i can get as salty as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hydrocodone posted:

Very nice.

Any particular reasons you chose it that you can share? I'm idly researching arcade sticks (that 30-tabs-about-it-open-for-weeks kind of idly) and I like hearing people's reasons.

i have a te2 and it uses good parts with great hefty weight and is easy access to the inside to change or replace stuff.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 1, 2016