Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Baal posted:

Why does Sean look like a whiter version of himself in Laura's story mode, but in the actual story mode he looks nothing like he does in either SF3 or Laura's story mode?

Night Blade posted:

Why does Balrog look like he has a prolapsed anus for lips?

Corbeau posted:

because Capcom Not Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
You know how some games are labors of love?

This is the exact opposite.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

The game constantly breaks enrollment numbers where ever it goes. 4,000+ at EVO and 640 at Combo Breaker is nothing to sneeze at.

Except it'll be down to maybe 10% of those numbers unless there are widespread changes made to the game. I also doubt that even half of that 4,000 will even come play the game, people who registered months ago before the shine wore off and other/better games came out.

EVO 2017 will have Melee as the main event after SFV gets dumped to a Saturday Top 8, maybe even a Friday if they get through pools quickly enough. EVO 2018 will correctly have Melee as the only game and SFV will be nowhere to be found.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
SFV: the more you play the worse it gets

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Specineff posted:

What's ur first fav

All the rest are tied for 1st.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
anyone thinking of picking up sfv based off EVO a word of advice :

Don't

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Called it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

KI has good music. It's a shame it's hidden in KI.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

i really wish football was played with fewer people and less running and throwing over a shorter distance with a larger ball no physical contact allowed and over a much shorter period of time so i could play it with the better players without feeling like a complete baby

we have this arena football you might be interested in

or slamball if you really like compound fractures

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Booyah- posted:

Capcom Q2 earnings report out, I'm sure they are doing fi--

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/758664683020808192

:eyepop:

Further proof that only about 150 people, and that's being generous, will register for SFV at EVO 2017 compared to about 20,000 for Melee and Melee will be the main event and the only EVO game forever and ever and ever.

Melee is transcendent. Melee is immortal. Melee is.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Street Fighter V is bad. If you like Street Fighter V then you are also bad.

Feel free to quote this post the next time you want to throw a hissy-fit over people being mean to you on the internet.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
play marvel

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Rq rules have been tested and confirmed.
All players involved in 3 lost connections in a 2 hr period lose 1000lp and get a 24 hr ban from online.

Really it's a mercy killing, sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zand posted:

lol stop playing

type

E-ha new word filter

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

No on a sfv te2 on ps4. Had to unplug/replug in to get control back but it was connected the whole time because the stick stayed lit up when it was unresponsive and the stick functions like lock/unlock still worked just no inputs at all

The game knows it's bad and is doing everything it can to save you.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lothire posted:

So ya', maybe PC users have a driver installed that could probably be a giant security risk. Sure. But hey, Capcom isn't just doing poo poo for no good reason.

What good reason could that be, you ask? Why.. Costume Cheat Codes! Not quite as drastic as Urien's dong-thong, but holding 3P, LK and Up will cause some minor articles of clothing to be removed. Seems to only apply to certain DLC costumes right now, such as the swimsuits and CPT costumes. Karin loses her hat, Ibuki her scarf, not sure about the rest (heard Laura/Mika lose their swimsuit shirts). I think that Necalli costume tweet from earlier in the thread shows him losing his shirt.

FGs are saved!

Is there a code that let's Mika put some clothes on? Asking for a friend. that friend is ESPN

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Is banana hammock Urien also banned?

Mandatory, actually.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

• doesn't support several basic controllers.
  • Launched without several modes including arcade mode and story mode
  • paid DLC before fixing anything
  • 8 frames of delay
  • installed a loving rootkit
  • desynched netplay
  • takes longer to get into a match than play one
  • decided to punish people who botted for colors even top players had trouble earning
  • didn't punished ragequitters
  • ragequit system punishes people who are ragequit on or people who do stuff like disconnect from psn during training mode
  • characters released later than anticipated
  • stats still dont function at all
  • stage transitions got patched in
  • launched with like 5 grapplers and 2 zoning chars for no loving reason at all
  • allows you to "earn" dlc. takes five times longer than unlocking a league of legends character to do so beyond the first one.
  • capcoms messaging has been absolute garbage
  • all of the fun stuff gets patched out
  • jabs are dumb as gently caress
  • garbage movespeed
  • everything is negative on block
  • blockstun takes decades to complete
  • jab aa is dumb as hell
  • knockdowns don't mean very much

ok did i get everything lol

Female character models/costumes so vulgar as to be censored on late-night cable television.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

I may be wrong but that level makes me sick.

The game makes most people sick so that's to be expected.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

You aren't a worse person for it.

The game satisfied you and left me burned but we can still get along and play other games.

It's just hard to look past all the easily avoided mistakes as someone who went along the path of sf4 from vanilla to ultra.

No I think this thread has come to the consensus that anyone who likes SF5 is a bad person and we should continue with that going forward.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zand posted:

sf5 is to sf4 as sf4 was to like every other capcom game at the time

theres just a bunch of people pretending to like a newer, shittier game so hard they start to like it for real just because its the new one.

sf4 was a compost pile. sure it's ugly and smelly but there's at least a greater purpose to it.

sf5 is that t-rex turd from the first jurassic park movie where no matter how deep you try to dig into to find something you're just elbow deep in poo poo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

akuma is the new wandering hobo

Akuma in every game but SFV. Akuma in Overwatch. Akuma in Madden. Akuma in Candyland.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the pants look really bad and inhuman beyond how chunli's giant inhuman legs usually look

Chun needs those jeans they make for hockey players.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Someone tell me how to feel about those changes tia

like pissing into the ocean

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So pantless Russian lady/balrogs psychic friend/mikas tag partner/doll with a gat/doll with a book. Book it capcom.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

sfv nerfs have finally gone too far

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't wait for the next batch of DLC fighters to all be leaked again just like Season 1

Akuma and five dolls, with one being Dan wearing a wig.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
gently caress that put in the livestock

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

too bad playing ryu in this game is a depressing experience

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Street Fighter V: sound of suffering from pain (as if he was throwing up continuously)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Honestly, if SFV had anything like MKX's holiday towers that'd be a fun game mode. Would probably need to disable mirror matches but it'd be interesting for a minute.

Instead SFV continues to punish people who try to play the game, like it knows it's bad and is trying to save people from themselves.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If someone tries to gift you SFV for Christmas you're legally allowed to assault them with less than lethal force.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

why would you read a thread with only bad posts for a year running

its part of the same forum with only bad posts

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Madcosby posted:

Haha wow

Thread is terrible and i read the star citizen thread

i wish this game was like star citizen in that it didn't exist

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah honestly the real way to play SF5 is on keyboard.

I recommend the Ctrl-Alt-Del super move.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Namco do not listen to this man.

Namco put Akuma into Soul Calibur VI, or if you're remaking the SC games put Akuma into those please tia.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Brosnan posted:

Well yeah but there's never gonna be another MvC2. So at least they tried.

MvC2 always felt like a happy accident, where they had a new engine and an expiring license and decided to throw everything they had together, and because of the sheer number of characters made it 3v3 and instead of assist-specific characters went with your partners and made it as ridiculous as possible and it worked in spite of itself, plus it was the only game to play for a while unless you were going to step out of your comfort area.

Someone smarter than me tell me I'm wrong, because that basically implies that Capcom can only succeed in spite of itself, even though all evidence points towards that conclusion.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gems are coming to SFV. Calling it now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Maybe he should beg for some twitch donations so he can buy a bed sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Whatever game got me into fighting games is poo poo. Fact.

this but for me