Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

People who give a poo poo about colors might care a little..... might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

madmac posted:

MP, Cr MK xxx MP Spinning Mixer seems to be his go-to combo string. You can also do EX Eagle Kick into MP Mixer, I think?

I think it's LP mixer since MP might not hit on crouching opponents.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

I can't remember Sean's move list at all aside from basketball and not-quite-a-hadouken.

he also had the tackle, which is cool but the frame data made it poo poo, the shoryu-spike where he did a dp but then smashed you back down, the lovely tatsu, and Abel's overhead wheel kick.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

speaking of, i got gift cards to gamestop and i grabbed one of the madcatz alpha pads or w/e

it's great except the stick and pad are poo poo

don't waste cash on it, grab the fc4 instead

was it common ground? I was thinking of making a new ps4 stick soon.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

BUTTERWORBS posted:

doesnt seem like thats going to happen for any of us any time soon

It will if you have friends. It will also solve a lot of the online problems... but that's it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

darealkooky posted:

you know what game makes vega (and everyone else) fun + good

capcom vs snk 2

where the gently caress is the re-release capcom

on ps3 under ps2 classics.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

darealkooky posted:

gamecube version is even worse, buffing the grooves nobody ever used is nice but no roll canceling sort of ruins the game

If they ever do another release, it will most likely be the EO version.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

No, it won't, when they re-released 3rd Strike, they used the original version everyone loves instead of 3rd Strike 2.0 which everyone hated.

Are you talking about the Dreamcast only version? Nobody outside of hardcore nerds touched 3rd strike on console until the PS2 anniversary re-release, when the whole SF3 series finally made a profit. And I say this as someone who owned both Double Impact and 3rd Strike for DC.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Zand posted:

no the arcade version that was rejected by the community at large. removed urien unblockables and more.

remember when communities rejected poo poo games in favor of older better versions? seems like so long ago.... similar poo poo happened with xvsf version 3.0 and vsav 2 and a few other games... and ssf2 (not turbo)

I thought that was the DC version, and you could only fix it with the dipswitch menu.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Those char guides are so inexplicable

WHY THE gently caress DID YOU TEASE ME WITH NECRO YOU loving ASSHOLES

That's just cruel, since we will probably never see playable Necro again.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Zand posted:

you're wrong btw

you cant even practice in training mode to learn situations without buying the characters. if you cant see how not having access to characters limits you competitively... like with or without someone spelling it out for you, you're hopeless.

200 dollar fighting game lol

If you want to be competitive why would you not buy the characters?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Corbeau posted:

That's the complaint: that it's mandatory expense on top of the full price game.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's not a hard argument to follow (or sympathize with).

Then don't be competitive and just play with your friends every few days/weeks/months like a normal game. If you want to go the extra step, buy the characters. It's not mandatory to anything but your own ego and drive.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm not sure I understand half the point of Kolin's V-trigger. It prevents the stun gauge from decreasing sure, but if she stuns the enemy, they freeze? In what way is that distinct from just being stunned, because without further context it reads like "if she stuns the enemy, she stuns the enemy" and it's like yeah but why is that different

Probably can't mash out of it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

gently caress that! give me John Wick Ryu realistic proportions or not.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Countblanc posted:

that actually does decent damage for no meter, but still lol its really really obvious that they just had no idea how to make it look good against other buttons

if its a punch he should just pull the dude forward and do a vertical suplex.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

teagone posted:

I'd say that's likely. Have costumes and other DLC gone on sale for Capcom fighting games in the past?

on steam, yeah. I bought SSF4AE w/ every costume at the time for like $14-15 when the base game was around $4-6 during one of the summer sales.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

anime was right posted:

a kd move thats safe on block but pushes you out of range instantly on use is really cool for a grappler imo

yeah but then he can just walk into range and tech the throw or block the reversal if the opponent panics. Decent trade off.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Didn't they also mention you could be hella creative with mvc3 as well?

couldn't you though if you weren't going for optimal combo damage? IIRC there were some creative but poo poo damage combos that were fun to watch.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

anime was right posted:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: No Country for X-Men

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: WHERE THE gently caress IS SPIDER-MAN?!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

if SFV wanted a stupid fatman that badly they could have just put Rufus in the game instead of transplanting his personality and eating habits onto Birdie

Birdie is obsessed with his girlfriend and beating up Ken Masters using his own personal kung-fu?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've gone back to this a bit and and the rollback is still a big issue. It's completely random as well, and can happen when against ps4 or pc players. UK flag to UK flag should be fine but

I might go as far as to say that it's the worst netcode of the current games out now.

I live in the US and it's a total crapshoot if its 3 bars, which is the majority of players I find. I even like this game and I will say the netcode is abysmal and by far the worst of the modern FGs. Even the on the cheap port of KOF XIV has better and more reliable matches.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

How did the ref not see that! BOO!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

ah. it's pretty cool how these minor characters are getting expanded upon.

Yep. I could have sworn they would just make characters off the random story mode models like Guile's boss, random Dolls, and Rashid's buddy. I'm glad I was wrong.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I miss all of those throws. Guile had a bunch, too.

Not really, two regular and two air throws just like every other post ST version. Geif was unique in that he had like 9 or so normal throws. He actually got some of them back in his Alpha 3 X-ISM version.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Just because I'm having a fun coffee date doesn't mean I'm bringing the dude home after!

Then he’ll just find someone who will. Bad analogy

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Bleck posted:

I got enough fight dollars for a new fightdude and as a Canadian I felt obligated to get Abigail and my stars he's just so... large~...

He also has the best character story mode by far. low bar to clear but still.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dias posted:

So...you pay for the characters. Like $30. Except you can pay more.

My main issue with how Capcom does seasons is that they don't discount poo poo, but as I've done time and time again I think anyone that wants the old revision model is an idiot and anyone who thinks continued support should be free because "i paid sixty bucks" is a dolt.

Season 1 and 2 both had significant discounts during the steam sale, hell even PSN has sales for season 1 and 2 chars. I know I bought Season 1 for like $10 instead of $30 on PSN. Costumes and stages don't get discounts though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

Why does he talk now

?
He's been talking since 1998.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The Dave posted:

How are none of you talking about the story costume?

Holy poo poo! is that a mascot costume?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Now that DBZF saved the Marvel players I wish someone would license like Bloodsport or something and use it to lure people into a stealth fixed version of Street Fighter.

Like for real just find another beloved cartoon series where people punch eachother, make a GG game with like 1/5th the offense and complexity, bing bong bing bong Capcom is out on their asses.

Didn't they make a ghetto and digitized version of bloodsport in 1991? I think it was called Mortal Kombat. It even had a Jean Claude Van Damme stand in who used the same outfit from the movie!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Reiley posted:

The cool straightforward neutral-centric game people always say they want exists before their very eyes, but they can not master their own hangups and inhibitions to just pick up a gamecube controller and play it.

Thats because the controller sucks for Capcom vs. SNK 2 on the gamecube.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I see they nerfed a good character instead of buffing the worst ones for the billionth time.

It’s always easier to deal with one issue than 30 different issues would

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

xxCA will not work for ryu in current build if your VT1 meter expires during the combo.

What does this mean? Like a video example.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

Like half of SF4 cast is aggressively irritating to play against, dunno how you could possibly prefer that.

Its not that bad if you play USF4. SF4 Sagat sure was something though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

It's a good game.

Its great if you love OSes and hate long range pokes and zoning. Parrying is fun, but really stupid.

edit: Even if there was no parrying, zoning sucked since projectiles did poo poo damage.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 18, 2018

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

man nurse posted:

I like all the Street Fighters imo. 3 in particular, 4 was a rollicking good time as well, and I'm enjoying the hell out of 5. And I mean 2 is good too. The Alpha games were also cool.

It must suck not to be able to enjoy things.

I also have enjoyed all of them, but each of them has thier own really stupid bullshit that when you recognize it its impossible to unsee. still fun though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Bushmaori posted:

Looks like a very aggressive blind person, but not really a fighter

Have you EVER seen a samurai movie?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Bushmaori posted:

I've seen Blind Fury

Then you know not to gently caress with aggressive blind people with sticks that may or may not contain a sword that will cut you in half.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

I'm assuming Harada took one look at that, and when he stopped laughing, insisted on the OG appearance.

Wasn’t akuma in the arcade version? The one that predates season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah T7FR came out a few months before Akuma was available in SFV but presumably Bamco and Capcom shared art beforehand.

Why would they do that though? Its not like T7 was a recent release ready to cross promote SFV, it had been out for a while before then and Bamco has its own priorites.