Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Lothire posted:

At this point I'm kind of confused. The store doesn't have real money transactions yet, but the zenny stuff works. Does that mean they never intended for us to get those survival colors via zenny? Will we even have the option to buy them with real money whenever that works?

Zenny is the real money currency and fight money is the earnable one. But yeah it's probably safe to assume that we'll be able to get the survival colors when zenny is implemented. I doubt Capcom would pass up an opportunity to make money off that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I have a hard time being bothered by anything in GG after seeing Laura's alt.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

Still not sure about costumes being 4 bucks a pop AND needing to unlock colors but maybe they'll change that this time (lol)

I'd be really surprised if they try to pull that poo poo with the premium costumes too. I know they've hosed up time and time again but $4 for a costume with no alt colors would be a new low.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Baal posted:

They've already said premium costumes are gonna be 4 bucks and have unlockable colors as well

wow nice

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Vanrushal posted:

And what the hell was the point of the wrestling ring scenes that somehow didn't involve actual fighting? At least let me powerbomb Gief on live tv Capcom, gently caress.

Yeah, that poo poo was weird. It's like they wanted to have a fight there but they didn't have a wrestling ring stage finished so they just said gently caress it and left the cut scenes in.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/753412759123927040

capcom focused on fixing the things that matter

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Goetta posted:

Because you can now buy them for Steam/PSN bucks.

I also don't really get the griping about it, of course they weren't going to let people download a mod to unlock everything forever

You can't though. There's still no way to buy colors and if your purchase their $4 premium costumes you still have to go out of your way to unlock the colors.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Elephunk posted:

What's the best way to cheat the character unlocks on PC?

Get the 1 round survival mod and just stockpile fm

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Does that still work?

I think the old one got patched but I was able to find a new one around when Juri came out.

e: actually I think it just wasn't compatible with the latest update. capcom didn't actually put forth the effort to patch it.

dog house fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 12, 2016

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

There's a screen cap on Eventhubs I think they pulled it from Twitter or something

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...-rage-quitters/

dog house fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 19, 2016

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

capcom caught me using 1 round survival. i had about 600k fight money sitting from doing the hard and extreme survivals for ever character which they took. they left my characters unlocked using the same fm i got from 1 round survival as well as my colors and left a message that they detected suspicious activity on my account and if it happened again i would get my fighter id/ steam id deleted. best cheating i ever did lol

i think i also had around 600k too but when I logged in i got the suspicious activity message and i still had 430k.

i'm not sure what they're doing to detect it cause I definitely didn't legitimately earn any of what they left me with.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

it's pretty amazing how people are still consistently finding the dumbest poo poo to complain about with this game. you're basically shooting fish in a barrel and missing at this point.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Finally sfv is playable

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

What if they made a Laura costume that wasn't a complete loving embarrassment? Just an idea.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

she's a japanese wrestler tho

He's talking about Laura. That poo poo looks reserved compared to Mika's default anyways.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Throw all of the Bison dolls into a burning dumpster.

EDIT: a separate burning dumpster from SFV

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

attackmole posted:

Is there a list of all the changes somewhere, or is it just random stuff trickling out over twitter

I don't think it's up yet but they're suppose to be putting something out at some point today.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I think we're getting close to the point where they'll release some kind of free to play version since the base game is like $15. Although it's entirely possible that they'll just make an even more loving neutered version as the free to play game.

Wasn't there a thing data mined out of the latest patch that said something about a trial?

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

It's 75 cents for an invincible dp buddy

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I can't believe they figured out a way to make me even less interested in Ed.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

This game basically already has a f2p model except shittier. It's dumb as hell that they even charge for the base game at this point.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I don't blame anyone for believing that after cammy's air throw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

the real burden is reading your posts buddy