Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

darealkooky posted:

don't really see the issue here, SFV having 7k players means that's 6.5k players I have to filter through who are incredibly bad because they're new to the game to find the players that are actually fun to play against.

Darn those new players playing a game that has been out for a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I've started uploading matches with ragequitters, they make me feel impotent and angry and it's the only thing I can do about it. Here's a textbook online Ken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV7p6rZhWNs

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Snake eyez on verge of tears talking about how everyone abandoned Gief :smith:

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

What? Where?

http://www.twitch.tv/snake_eyez_/v/51285280?t=06h30m00s

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

Well there's Heihachi's wife in Tekken 7 who should be like 70 years old but looks like she's 16 :japan:

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

just gonna go ahead and bump this again since it was literally the post before the alex news, hoping for some feedback so i can refine it a bit and maybe genericize it for other FGs

Should have a question that asks if you care that the character is trash because it gave me Laura (should have been Birdie because I know it in my heart he is my soulmate)

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Don't let me interrupt you guys, but Madcatz released firmware upgrades.

I'm pretty sure they are just drivers aka pretty much same as using x360ce

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Fenn the Fool! posted:

For what it's worth, Skullgirls tries to be both fanservice and a deconstruction of fanservice. Take Valentine, the sexy nurse; pretty blatant character design, but she purposely fights with everything that is unsettling, unnerving, and unsexy about medicine. Bone saws, body-bags, needles, and anesthesia, her level 3 super is literally just performing a surgery, but with spooky framing and sound effects. Body horror is also a central theme, as shown by Fillia, Eliza, Painwheel, Ms Fortune, and Double; even Big Band is actually a dude in an iron lung and Peacock is terrifying when you realize her eyes are actually empty sockets. At the end of the day the game still has way more fanservice in it than I'd like, but it has some really interesting character designs that have a whole lot more going on than Anime Tittays.

you sound like a tvtropes article

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Pomp posted:

yeah grind the game to a halt

which is bad, since i guess you can't use your brain on your own.

Actually it's good and this is the most important street fighter match in history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_mVOaILqo

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Medullah posted:

I got SF5 for $20 used from Gamefly and I'm relatively happy with the skeleton of a game that it is. I also am a bit nervous at how much more I'll have to spend on the game to make it "complete" over the next few years. How many iterations did SF4 go through? I know I had to buy SF4, then SSF4, then USF4.

I guess buying DLC characters and getting free story content is the trade off.
Reminder that PC users never had to buy super because it wasn't released on windows

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Dias posted:

Soccer is a much more popular sport than baseball because the British made sure to spread it all around Europe, mostly. Even then, it only became super popular in the 20s or 30s, and you can trace the origin of many South American clubs to Europeans, mostly Germans and Italians, which immigrated here during the World Wars.

Things required to play baseball: bats and mitts and poo poo
Football: something kinda round. We could fit a fighting game analogy somewhere

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

congrats to capcom then they made a game with more than a starting roster of 16 characters that's actually fun, has good online netcode, is responsive to player feedback, sold more than a million copies, and had a cash shop in day 1.

I guess you really don't need storymode.

8 frames = 20 tickrate

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I liked it how Guile, whose motivation has always been avenging Charlie's death even at the cost of his relationship with his friends and family, was only slightly sceptical at Charlie's sudden appearance

They also hosed up by not playing Rashid's theme when he gets his moment

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

dark souls is best berserk anime

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah putting the fully compete character in the game way ahead of his "release" is just completely insane

https://www.destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml hey guys remember this?

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

"epic orchestral" themes are a disease

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

SF5 is actually Uplink 2

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Boy I loved eating a shoryuken every time I dropped a 1 frame link trying to confirm my basic bnb punishes. I hope SF4 stays dead forever.

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end focus attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

the M stands for Martha