Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Are Bayonetta GIFs allowed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm pretty interested in buying a Hori Kai sometime soon. What's the verdict on the silent version? The idea of a quiet stick is wonderful as long doesn't have any big downsides.

This particular series of Hori sticks are pieces of poo poo, but I am glad they introduced me to the Hayabusa stick variant which is what I use in all of my sticks now.

My problem with them, aside from the 15MS input lag (http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html) is that the cases are too lightweight, and have a really cheap feel to them. The kuro buttons take too much effort to press. If that's your thing, great; if not - be prepared to have to buy 8 sanwa buttons. The extra buttons (PS button, share, etc) are located in an awkward spot that you can't see. In the first weeks of you using it you'll need to tilt the stick sideways to make sure you're press the right button. I also don't like the weird lunch tray shape of the stick, though that's just a personal nitpick.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Servers down until March's miracle patch.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Great sets going on now at Twitch.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Trykt posted:

amazing chest ahead

Try using two hands.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Any particular reasons you chose it that you can share? I'm idly researching arcade sticks (that 30-tabs-about-it-open-for-weeks kind of idly) and I like hearing people's reasons.

Build quality, easily moddable art, easy access tray to swap parts (though in most any stick it's already easy), touch pad controls for training mode shortcuts, and sanwa buttons instead of the Hori's garbage Kuro buttons. I'll be swapping out the stick for a Hayabusa stick.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting...ght+commander+4

I bought the Japanese version since Amazon takes forever to ship here but they are pretty much the exact same controller. You can rotate the D-Pad like 20 degrees to the right and adjust the diagonal sensitivity with a knob the on back. I put the right side of the controller on my thigh and tap the buttons like you would a stick. It's cheap because there is no blutooth, analog sticks, rumble, or any other features you'd find in a PS4 controller. However the components that are in the controller are really good and it only tries to do one specific thing which is be used for fighting games.

It cannot be said how much better this pad is than the madcatz pad. The best pad since the saturn pad IMO.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

"March 32nd .. Wait hold on someone is calling me"

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

gently caress Street Fighter V, everyone lets go play Fighting Layer. It has a shark.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Oh boy, am I tired of getting knocked out of the air by Ryu's tiny elbow.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Siva68 posted:

I tried asking in the fighting thread and didn't get a response, so I'll try one more time in here instead.

So after a long time I'm looking to get a stick, I was looking at the TE2 and that seems to be sold out everywhere. Is the TES+ just as good, or is there a reason to hold out and hunt down a TE2? Or are there even better sticks that I'm not aware of?

If you have a Gamestop around you, I would try them. In NYC there's like 7 in my area that have at least one of these sticks laying around.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

We get it. Thanks.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I think he's talking about Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Butyraceous posted:

wb the male characters all being sexy too? I mean, even the guy who is supposed to be fat has tight pecs and muscled arms, or is that a ~male power fantasy~?

The game is pretty equal opportunity in the 'gives weird people boners' category :shrug:

Kill me. loving just kill me now where I stand.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Edit: NEVERMIND someone posted this.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So the game might take forever to find you an opponent, have horrible loading times, lacks a basic arcade mode, and netcode that only works sometimes but check out those SICK CHARTS and EXP METERS.

#RISE UP

Seeing stupid poo poo like this makes me feel like Capcom's priorities weren't straight with this project. Rushed or not.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Sure 15 seconds then almost 2 minutes of loading various screens to get to the actual match followed by 30 seconds to get back to the main screen to look for a match again. I'm pretty sure in an hour I cant play over 12 matches.

It's better to just stare at the home screen and find a match. If you don't you have to sit through the loving training mode loading again.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

btw 6 frames of lag is .1 seconds and the longest humans can experience a delay until noticing it, ftw. turn off vsync on pc and you will be amazed at how better the game feels.

e: how "better" the game feels. i am forming a fightcade support group, be safe out there goons

Guess I need to buy the PC version then. Oh wait, I have a PS4 fightstick.

Can someone dig up the RISE UP gif from a few dozen pages ago? I can't find it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Beautiful Ninja posted:

The Madcatz PS4 sticks and pads got a driver update recently to include native XInput support, so you should be good if you have a MC stick.

I'm surprised, I thought that was coming with the March update.

Thanks for the info.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Did videogamesNY break street date again?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I'd rather deal with tearing than deal with input lag.

Hey, tearing might distract people from Ken's banana hair and Alex's french fry hair.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Taiso posted:

He is saying the community is supportive, also you can get around the no dinput thing easily with something like xpadder, so is that really that big a deal?

When your Street Fighter V branded merchandise doesn't work for Street Fighter V, it's a serious problem.

First impressions are very, very important. "Fixing it later" isn't viable approach, and will always fail to repair the damage done by a bad launch.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pomp posted:

"uhhhhh its not the great brrrrrffffffbblblblbl but they gonna patch it fffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhmmmmmm"

Obsolete console war impulses from the 90s will compel fans to defend poo poo they paid for/are invested in because they don't want to feel trapped or ripped off.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 19, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double Bill posted:

You mean this Sony-funded game doesn't work properly in a Microsoft ecosystem, I'm sure they're devastated

Think about what you just posted.

I'll wait.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pomp posted:

i have actually tried my damnedest to enjoy this game (because no ones loving played xrd for the last month) but everytime i start to kind of get into it the near endless stream of technical issues reminds me that the game is in fact a mess and that the most egregious of those issues, the unstable netcode and underwater level offline input delay, haven't even been commented on by Capcom and will likely never get fixed.

Speaking of https://twitter.com/dapurplesharpie/status/709912519482216454

Is this real? Am I dreaming?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double Bill posted:

Where's the inaccuracy, the PC version was clearly an afterthought

One more hour.

Just think about it a little more than not at all.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

WEEEEEEEELLLLP

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

I own Skullgirls exactly because it seemed to have competent, communicative devs, but the characters didn't appeal to me and the reset and assist-heavy gameplay is really niche and I don't want to play a game with a microscopic cummunity.

And I'll never play KI simply because it's hard to look at, the ridiculous spark effects make every match look like a Judas Priest video. And the cast seems to be varied but 100% bland.

Exactly my situation. I wish Skullgirls was a different game, but I don't regret my purchase at all as it's a well made game for what it is.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been using a MadCatz TES+ on my PS4 since SFV launched. Tonight I started using it and everything worked fine except the R1 button. Now it's having problems recognizing any of the buttons or the stick when I'm in SFV, although the buttons work okay in the PS4 menu. The stick doesn't seem to be recognized at all in any other game. Is there anything I can do before sending it back?

Try plugging it into your PC to see if it works there, if you have button problems it might be as simple as replacing a relatively cheap sanwa button.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FUZZY GUARD

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

The input lag will likely never be "fixed" as it seems like an intentional inclusion to normalize input lag online and offline. Maybe if there was as much lag as usfiv or something that would make sense, but at over 130 ms it just feels like garbage.

I think MikeZ also stated that it would take nothing short of a Netherrelm Esque rewrite of the entire game in order to get this problem under control, and with these chuckle fucks struggling to get one update out, don't count on that happening.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Speaking of command grabs vs fuzzy jumps:
https://twitter.com/BananaKen/status/713466656601845760

is one of you bananaken? :crossarms:

edit: more fuzzy wisdom from anime player http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/25/lordknight-explains-common-fuzzy-jump-questions/

The more I read this poo poo the less I want to play.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Shockeh posted:

That's actually my second biggest complaint after net code. The amount of superfluous screens to do anything is absurd, and probably won't be fixed ever because they won't perceive it as a problem :japan:

1. new challenger splash
2. Black screen
2. World (no chars) bit of time
3. World,(chars) bit more time
4. Fade to white

It's like an extra half minute to a minute, depending on connections just to go from Training/Survival to the game. Hell, watch an episode of Excellent Adventures and note they're simply playing less games per episode because a load of time overall is spent waiting to get into or loading.

Dont forget the 20+ seconds it sits on white sometimes. Then character intros play WHICH EVERYONE SKIPS, (time well spent, Capcom) and NOW you get to play for maybe 2 minutes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I asked him if he forced Vsync off on PC. He said no.

Dunno.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

With vsync, doesnt the PC and PS4 version still have different input lag? Maybe he simply got it down perfectly in PC conditions but PS4 isnt quite the same?

No idea.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTN-LSj81M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

. . .