Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If you want to win some online matches, then you want to play against me, Spongerobert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Benson Cunningham posted:

I gave up on ranked matches today. 11 matches. 3 losses, 2 wins, 6 disconnects when I was about to win or right after I had won.

What's the loving point, man?

It's old tech they've implemented before, so it's safe to assume they're at least aware it's a thing.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I wish I'd known that Hori silent stick was so awful before I ordered it last week. It'll probably be needs suiting anyway.

Especially since the fightstick in my favorite cabinet was some kind of ersatz pit fighter conversion or something.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

^ At the sponsors' behest?

Mainly it's a concern about the input lag because that's infuriating, but if the solution is to just plug the thing in I'll totally do that because I'm lazy.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Naw that's probably a Sony issue, their third party controller situation is weird. Pausing a tournament so some guy who'll finish eleventeenth can gently caress around with his mangy bespoke poverty stick is a good idea.

At least the PS4 has ION drum support out of the box :(

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Quote isn't edit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Not worth it unless he grunts "hup hup HEY hup hup hup hyaaa hup hup" when he dashes around.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

So my Hori RAP4 Silent showed up today. Initial thoughts:
  • Haven't noticed any lag yet
  • I'm pretty sure I can push these buttons with a strong thought. Lots of accidental presses thanks to years of bad practice on arcade machines with some play in the buttons. Are these things touchscreens or something?
  • Man this stick is short
  • Four degrees of freedom in a joystick feels effin weird, and the DP motion feels like it's getting resistance in all the wrong places. Is there an aftermarket plate I can put in this thing or is just just an eccentricity I need to get used to?
  • Speaking of freedom on a joystick, I'm not sure I've been to the planet where this thing is silent. Every move has a noticeable clunk sound associated with it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Wafflz posted:

Square gates take some getting used to but don't break down and get an octagonal because

:eng101: It's science. I like it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I want to like Gief but he is not good and I am not good so we're not a good match.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Okita posted:

Why not just DP like it's shown in the command list, a Z in the lower right quadrant of your stick's gate. Everyone knows how to make a Z.

Because some of us didn't have command lists in 1993 when we learned how to play :bahgawd:. That 3-5-3 wrist flick thing has been perfectly serviceable up until pretty recently and it's hard to unlearn. F-QCF works but it's kind of a goofy motion, so let's try things your way for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

angel opportunity posted:

If you learn to do DP the wrong way and go to play another game that requires the proper input, it will really suck and you'll have to re-learn a lot of muscle memory.

"Another game" meaning SF: The Movie The Video Game, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters or Time Killers; I never could DP properly in those games. Wasn't a problem in any of the other SF/MK/Samurai Showdown titles I'd tried.

Maybe the omnidirectional Happ sticks were too forgiving and I'm just spoiled :)

e: Oh hello ironic gang tag :toot: