Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I miss the create game/picking who you match up with from USF4. Getting a runback was a much easier process then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

SFV Chun is my first time with a charge character. I like it!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The game thinks I live in the ocean off the coast of Africa...

which is true because I'm Punished "Venom" Snake irl

At least you got a zoo...

A guy on giantbomb has it thinking he's in Europe. He thinks it's because he used a VPN to unlock early. Not sure if there's any way to fix it, he's reinstalled and everything.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I've been playing Chun and sometimes Nash will teleport behind me with his v trigger, and my back+hp will hit him when he's behind my back. Is that a cool thing that's supposed to happen or is this something that'll get patched out?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Somehow got matched up with Brolylegs despite being silver to his platinum. That was cool/over very quickly.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Me too. Didn't seem like he had any problems...

He took 5 of my points, but someone with 1000 more than me took 65, how does this game determine how many points you lose?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Maybe Alex got patched together like Nash

https://twitter.com/skarmand/status/715242147260211204

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The patch changed the default connection preference from Any to 3-5. I've had bad luck with that, but 4-5 seems like a good balance between connection and time between matches.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Chun Li's red color is easily unlocked. #5 I think. Just use that.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My chun issue is that SBK sometimes comes out when I want legs instead, so maybe I should give this guile A Shot.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm feeling real good about Chun-Li lately. I had been stuck around 1000 points for awhile, took a break for a week or two, and tonight I ended at 3700. I think the biggest difference was the introduction of the rematch system. Tonight I got blown up by an ultra bronze Ryu in the first game. Waited a little before agreeing to the rematch and realized that his dumb rear end kept jumping away from me, and my dumb rear end kept chasing him. Next two matches I just stopped chasing him and let him come to me, easy wins. Just being patient goes a really long way. Block a little more, don't push that button the first chance you get, suddenly things slow down and get a lot easier.

I do still have some trouble with Bisons because I want his moves to be much more unsafe then they really are, and Guile gives me trouble when they play defensively.

I saw a Ken doing something similar the other night, just running away the whole time. It's really strange to see compared to most Kens who just want to DP every second.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

They haven't said anything about Juri yet, have they? I know she'll have an eye patch but that's about it. Hit gold league today. Not sure I want to try to learn anyone else right now that I'm halfway decent with Chun, but I loved Juri in SFxT and SF4

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Isn't the feng shui engine just Chun Li's current v-trigger?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Chun can link her overhead in vtrigger but I guess it just adds hits to her moves rather than makes them safer

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is Balrog the July update then? Can't wait for Juri on August 40th.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I, too, am happy that there will be less pervy fan service in this fighting game that I enjoy.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Juri's the first DLC character I actually care to play. I really hope they didn't change too much about her.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The cutscene with Juri and the motorcycle has her bootless. Clearly she owns boots. Come on capcom.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Juri training mode. Did they really dump fireball storing??

https://youtu.be/98j9IJh56qc

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My legit favorite matchup in SF4 was Juri v Zangief because of how obnoxious I could be with stored fireballs. This blows.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I watched a video of someone breaking down Juri (red something?) and man am I bummed out.

My favorite things about her 4 were, in order, storing fireballs and frustrating zangiefs, dive kicks, and the counter move.

Her v skill does seem pretty exciting. Being able to cancel the 2nd stage and store it for later seems pretty cool.

I'll definitely take some time to try and figure her out, but I'm glad I decided to try Chun LI this game.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

Is input in for PC yet?

E:

I know the answer even without checking. Of course it isn't.

gently caress you Capcom.

Is this a thing that matters? Just use x360ce and never think about it again.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I like SFV because Chun Li is cool and fun to play and has like 4 viable AA options. She's got good normals and it's fun to head stomp people. Maybe y'all would have more Fun as Chun (Li).

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I've been a secret SFV defender since it's launch. I even bought the console version as recently as last week so that I could play in another room. I'm the sucker.

I guess I quit out of the PC version a little too fast after a match and lost connection to another and now they took 1000 LP from me and told me to come back in 1,430 (fourteen hundred and thirty) minutes. What the gently caress? Who writes time like that? Am I going to have to seek people out locally to play this game that I no longer love? I'm so disheartened.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Watch her ears when it hits

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I saw that kid when I was watching those wizard world videos the other day. Stressed me out to watch those. Starts by saying he's good with everyone. :ohio: I guess

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is that the latest one? Can I use my PS3 stick?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Night Blade posted:

So... the latest update actually hurts PC users? Shouldnt it be pulled from steam in this case?

I wish we could get a No Man's Sky esque refund system going for this game.

Didn't they specifically say they were not changing their refund policy for NMS though?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Will this be on twitch? I'd love to watch at least

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I can't believe y'all got me watching a 24 minute video about half A presses and parallel universes in Mario 64.

e: this man let the speed build up for 12 hours :psyduck:

zelah fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 28, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Hm yes noted late 90s Puerto Ricana Chun Li.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Nothing in SF5 has given me the joy of holding all the kick buttons as Juri and just waiting for zangief to think he could do anything.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

He's fine but I would never watch EA again if Mike Ross left.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Cause it encourages them to keep working on that stuff instead of fixing the game.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It's not hard but chun li's jump in HP, v skill, head stomp x3 ex air legs is fun and makes me feel like I'm styling on someone.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

A younger me would be petty enough to message people on PSN who rage quit. Current me is just petty enough to post about it. Ultra Gold Nash on a 7 win streak was about to lose to my gold Chun Li and I was sure he would quit. Nope, took the loss. Queued the rematch and he was about to lose the second round and quit out. I wanted 200 of his points but this is satisfying too.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My mains in 4 were Sakura and Juri. Please don’t let them do me like they already did me once.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Remember that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie was losing his mind deciding that secret message and then it turned out to be an ovaltine ad? Remember how he felt?

That was me banging my head against Chun Li’s Volume 2 challenge 8.

I spent a good 25 minutes trying to do it. Finally did. 3,000 FM. Three thousand. Son of a b.

Are the rest of the trials this hard? I might want to pick a second character up once Sakura comes out broken. Only played Chun so far this game but I’d like to have some options. I’m at 130k FM, but if it’s going to be insane to get another 70k I’ll just buy some.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I’ve been playing a decent amount in anticipation for Sakura/AE, and good dang I cannot stand fighting Sim. The hell is chun li supposed to do against him? I feel like I can’t get in on him because he’ll just poke me away or warp away from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Just focus attack through his limbs.

SFV would be so sick if myself and only myself had access to focus attacks.