Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Jmcrofts posted:

Gonna link my guides for the new thread:

General tips for getting better:
How to Practice Hit Confirming
How to Practice Buffering
How to Improve Your Reactions Using Training Mode
Easy but powerful option select

Guides for fighting against specific characters:
R. Mika
Nash
Rashid

More coming soon!

I've been following the thread for a while but I just wanted to say thanks for these. I'm sure it all seems vey obvious to most people but it's really helping me out and my friends are noticing the difference in my play.

Feels Good Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Can I get some experienced player feedback on gootecks "how to hold an arcadestick" tutorial? Starting around 8 minutes he goes over the right hand and I'd like a little feedback on how you all do it. Mainly he wants single buttons to be pressed with the pointer and middle finger together, and lp/lk mp/lk hp/hk buttons pushed together with 2 fingers rather than a thumb, or even across 1 finger.

Coming into SF5 I always assumed it would be, keep your fingers over each button ready to push at any moment, with your thumb ready to light kick.

(Oh btw I bought a Hori RAP4 Kai, my first stick :awesome:)

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Booyah- posted:

It doesn't really matter. I think the "pointer and middle finger" press is because he eventually wants to teach you to double-tap, but that's not important in this game.

Ah I see.

As far as stick holding goes I tried out motions for about 5 minutes with everything and was nailing fb's and dp's pretty solid with the stick between ring and middle so I guess I'm falling in with the average on that point. I was mostly asking about the right hand positioning.

I've also noticed it's a lot easier to accidentally hit buttons on this RAP's Kuro buttons than the Sanwas on the Madcatz. There's like no pressure for the first bit of the button depress and the trigger is within that period, all the rest just seems to be the cushioning and click, but the actual move happens before that.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Aren't the preorder skins going to be available to everyone in march for Fight money? (or is that just rumor?)

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 22, 2016

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

dhamster posted:

I sold my TE fightstick a couple months ago but I've got the fighting bug again. I'm doing OK on a cheap fight pad, but how's the MadCatz Alpha as a cheap/entry level stick?

Page late but I did a lot of exhaustive research to save myself from having to spend 150+ on a fight stick. I checked out fightpads, sticks, older sticks, older sticks with mods. PC users have a lot of options, which it looks like you found a good one, but PS4 users don't.

PS4 controller is slightly worse than the Hori FC4, so for 30 bucks on sale if you want a pad this is a no-brainer. The new Madcatz pads are utterly useless poo poo.

If you want a stick skip right to the Hori RAP4 Kai, 150 bucks. The Alpha is loving trash, especially for 80 bucks. It should be 40 like the Hori Mini, which is also drat near unplayable for realistic SF5 play (good for arcade games I hear though)

If you have 50 bucks more to spend on your stick the TES+ has Sanwa components and is constructed a bit better than the Rap4 (I'm mainly talking about dimensions and weight and the non-fight button placements) The TES+ and TE2+ buttons (sanwas) are flat out better than the Hori in house buttons, but both are 100% usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
In regards to fight sticks check my post history, my last one broke it down and I did my research. I bought a Rap4