Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hydrocodone posted:

I think Zangief and R Mika are the most heroic characters because they just have wrestling training and they still go out there to fight people who can throw fireballs.

Is there a looping gif of Gief's vacuum yet?

Birdie, the most heroic character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I like Zangief's story the best.

"Strong man wrasslin' bears for Soviet Communism"

That's the only one that makes any sense.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Agoat posted:

drat. Calling him out on a post three pages ago.

Yep. Showing really lovely attitude.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I never played SF 4 but I guess that didn't allow rage quitting without getting a loss. Somehow it's possible on SF V which means that Capcom is pants on head retarded and the real rage quitters in spirit.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I give a poo poo.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hydrocodone posted:

Still enjoying most of my online play immensely. And I also like that Ono has given a few straightforward apologies about the launch troubles. It's nice in a world of "we understand some people are reporting alleged issues that may or may not exist."
This is basically EA with all current gen EA sports games I've played. SF V works better online against players on the other side of the world than EA games work against players on same country. This is not hyperbole at least not in case of their nhl games.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Okita posted:

Why not just DP like it's shown in the command list, a Z in the lower right quadrant of your stick's gate. Everyone knows how to make a Z.

I do it like that, but maybe because the other way is easier for some people?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Only reason stick is going to make you better player is when you realize how much money you just spend and can't justify it any other way than to practice your rear end off and get good.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

cams posted:

it took me, literally, years to get used to dashing without moving the way i hold the stick.

This should go to arestickseasier.txt.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I think we can decide whose argument wins or loses in this thread just by the level of irritability in the post.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I like it when being good in a video game goes in to head of someone. That shows character.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

birdie is the worst character in the game

With the dumbest name.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Out of about forty matches I've had one that was unplayable and couple with some lag. I play mostly vs. players in other countries. Compare this to any EA sports game where you often get lag against people in same tiny country and playing over borders is guaranteed lag fest. Those games handle rage quitters right though so there is always some way for Capcom to shot them self on foot.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Part of the many things wrong with the netcode is that the lag is one-sided (since it doesn't balance it between the players), so it's easily possible that some of the matches you've had that felt fine to you were actually unplayable for your opponent

Yeah probably some. Not that many though judging from how often I get my rear end handed to me.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

That's the reserved for psyching your self up.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

A great post has arrived in this thread.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Well if you think so then certainly it is.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

That is some terrible modeling on the eyes. Looks like something you come up quickly in Zbrush before you start to work on making it good/realistic.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I main my life, not some silly chars :smug:.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I still get the "weak hands syndrome" every now and then when under pressure and the match is on line. I don't tilt easily though thanks to playing way too much poker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

You must be rookie.