Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Post your most swolest .gifs and videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXiYC1ebkwc

Also, its late February and the New Years Resolutioners are fading out at this point.

Much like...my gains!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
whatever happened to the crossfit thread anyway

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
This thread makes me very cross, 'bout to throw a fit!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

whatever happened to the crossfit thread anyway

it was a fad thread. fitting.

NOT LIKE THIS THREAD ITS FOR TRUE LIFTERS ONLYY

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Real beefy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Thought this thread was gone forever, had to seriouspost in YLLS

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
glad this thread is back. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon for several months with my new job working ridiculous hours, but a couple weeks I joined a 24/7 gym and so did a co worker, so I should be good now. Good news is my gains seem to be coming back fast. Adding 10 or so lbs no problem every time I squat,etc. Bad news is my left knee has been hurting like a bitch sometimes after I squat. I'm pretty sure my form isn't bad. I'm thinking its just tightness, as I haven't yet started regularly stretching/foam rolling like I did before so maybe that's all I need to start doing.

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008
i work 55 hours a week as a welder and my job is pretty physical. i've started to go to the gym but i'm sore and tired all the loving time now and it is making my job difficult. is swinging a sledgehammer all day followed by gym time at night too much stress for my lame body or will it get better in a few weeks

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm not sure what to tell you, I pull a lot of hours myself(10 hour shifts, 11 days on 3 off, repeat) but it's only moderately physically strenuous. Like, I feel it's the lack of a free time that makes it hard rather than being wore out real bad. FWIW, I do a SS/stronglifts style routine where I only go 3 days a week.

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm not sure what to tell you, I pull a lot of hours myself(10 hour shifts, 11 days on 3 off, repeat) but it's only moderately physically strenuous. Like, I feel it's the lack of a free time that makes it hard rather than being wore out real bad. FWIW, I do a SS/stronglifts style routine where I only go 3 days a week.

right on bro we're doing similar routines. i figure once the doms stops being so intense it'll get a little easier, the hardest part is avoiding the beers after work. there's some pretty decent guys on the crew that i like but if i go out and have 3 beers with them it's not like i'm gonna go to the gym afterwards

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
yeah i'm still drinking like 4 a night, need to cut that out but so far i'm still making gains. for me the diet part is what sucks, i don't have time to cook. although i've experimented with making up meals in large batches a little. seems to work, somewhat. I tend to eat a family sized batch in like a day and a half though because i'm a lazy pig and will always go for the food that requires the least amount of work.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Being swole is bad. Get ripped instead.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You need some milk

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I got on a regular routine 4-5 days a week & got all Nazi on BS carbs...oh poo poo son that poo poo worked.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Look at this fuckin' jabroni. Hey idiot, keep being bad at lifting heavy weights and go treat yourself to a saltine.

I just held down some weights and raped them until they begged me to stop bros.

Just kidding, I ran and golfed today.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Eat nothing but bacon and 200g of protein a day

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i'm in a cut phase, can i stay?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Waroduce posted:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

The goon life.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i got food poisoning and lost like 10kg in a week so maybe try that i dunno

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i ate a carne asada burrito for dinner saturday night so i got some protein then i poo poo it all out at 2am because something was wrong with it so I will take that as a win-win.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
think about it though. paying for a gym membership is like paying for your body. it no longer belongs to you at that point :monocle:

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

why the gently caress does my gym close at 10?! how can i get swole with these limitations?! *opens bag of tortilla chips*

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

What kinda bullshit is this

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wiley e. sheep posted:

think about it though. paying for a gym membership is like paying for your body. it no longer belongs to you at that point :monocle:

*opens bag of tortilla chips*

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

ElectricSheep posted:

i'm in a cut phase, can i stay?

Always Be Bulking

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I hope everyone was visited by the gains fairy in the last month

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

What kinda bullshit is this

Sorry if I triggered you, fatty.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Sorry if I triggered you, fatty.

We get it. You're terrified of progress.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Had a taste of False Spring around here in MN - got up to 40F and the sidewalks were mostly free of ice (mostly!). So :siren:my girlfriend:siren: and I went out for a run yesterday. 6K, right on track for the Bay To Breakers 12K in May.

Had a discussion afterwards about measuring one's run in furlongs. (6 kilometers = 29.8 furlongs, if you're curious.) Gonna start measuring my distances in f just to be That Guy.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Hello friends, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week after work and also learning how to fence on the remaining two, AMA.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Hello friends, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week after work and also learning how to fence on the remaining two, AMA.

Is fencing as fun as it sounds? What about the response?

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Dum Cumpster posted:

PR dead (420), PR squat (355), PR OHP (160), gay baby bench as always (225)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Can I legally stab someone and claim we were practicing fencing? Please hurry.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got too swole and had to stop bulking, lost 15 lbs since Jan 1. Also I have been doing yoga.

Still lifting though, bro dudes.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Are you more of a dog person, or a cat person?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

What's your favorite anime?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
More gym shenanigans yesterday: Guy collected all the 10 lb plates and put all 10 on the bar. Then he benched to failure, took off two plates (leaving them on the floor) and benched all the way to 0 plates including a final set of 45lbs to failure. I heard him say "27" but not sure what he stopped on. He was also built like a soggy toothpick so I'm thinking he needs a program review

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SpeedyCow posted:

More gym shenanigans yesterday: Guy collected all the 10 lb plates and put all 10 on the bar. Then he benched to failure, took off two plates (leaving them on the floor) and benched all the way to 0 plates including a final set of 45lbs to failure. I heard him say "27" but not sure what he stopped on. He was also built like a soggy toothpick so I'm thinking he needs a program review

i recommend he put two plates (we only refer to "plates" here because lol at using any plate that isnt a 45) on each end of the bar, get a spot to get it off the rack if he needs it, and survive. this is a good beginner weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dum Cumpster posted:

Beginning to approach strongfat status again (2015 was a litany of gains-mudering bullshit, one thing after another: tendonitis, bronchitis, whachamacallitis). Squatted 172.5 kg/380 lbs yesterday which is the best I've done in at least a couple of years. Will probably injure self lifting an empty suitcase or something soon.

• Locked thread