Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Fcuking struggled today with 105kg Deadlifts what the hell??!?!?!? i think it's because I didn't eat and had a few days off.

Having to up the cardio to as I'm struggling to get through wrestling classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I highly recommend Gi jiu-jitsu for improving grip/arm strength.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Haven't lifted in like a week thanks to getting a horrible fever for a few days, looking forward to hitting the gym and being weak as hell now that i'm almost 100% again.
Really gotta hammer some cardio as since quitting Muay Thai my fitness has gone to poo poo I'm struggling through ashort warm-ups at Wrasslin class and can no longer get through a 5k run (I literally never run unless i randomly get the urge but have always been aboe to manage at least 5k without much issue).

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Buy stretchy skinny jeans or something....

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

MNIMWA posted:

I've switched to wearing really long socks (think volleyball socks) nearly all the time, and I gotta tell ya I really enjoy it.

they're like pushup bras for calves

I've been doing this for years, there's just something that feels really comfy about it.

Looks like I'm going to be taking the position of personal trainer for a friend who wants to learn to lift as she can't do much cardio due to injury, I'm not sure about this to be honest I'm hardly the picture of health and fitness.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Holy hell that first day squatting after a few weeks off results in some brutal DOMS did a few sets of 5 at 95kg after a warm up yesterday and now my thighs and asscheeks are on fire.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Any UK swolegoons looking to increase protein intake should check out LIDL they have a high protein bread roll in the bakery that has 27g per roll and costs 29p

They actually taste okay to.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
My lovely gym has been saying it was getting new equipment via promo e-mails for a few weeks now, yesterday I got an e-mail saying the equipment had arrived and included a NEW SQUAT RACK, no big deal but it'd be a nice addition.

I went there today and it turns out it was a loving smith machine

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

UnfurledSails posted:

Good luck not feeling like a weakling as you cut

This is what causes me to fail......every time

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
What's a good cheap pre-workout for boosting energy? This diet combined with the heatwave we're having completely wipes me out....

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

notZaar posted:

Coffee my man, it's the cheapest upper.

Dammit, I'm not a coffee person (being British my hot beverage of choice is tea)

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I enjoy squats and have found having strong legs immensely helpful when it comes to performing certain pro wrasslin moves effectively

This has no purpose in real life but it's loving fun to hoist a big dude into your back and launch them off.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've dropped about 20 pounds over the past 2 months or so and as good as that is my lifts have all dropped by about 20kg I feel so weak.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

bamhand posted:

Have you been eating nothing for 8 weeks? How in the world do you lose 2+ pounds a week.

Probably a lot of water weight..... Other than that about 1600 calories a day and running 3-4 times a week in addition to lifting and occasional wrassling training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
At age 33 I do way more dumb poo poo that is likely to destroy my body than I ever did In my teens/20's......liftin' n aggressive hugging for life....

• Locked thread